• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

re valve shocks??

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
my rear sag on 09 dragon is low, spring is set on high setting only weigh 190. does any one re valve the rear spring so it sits higher??

S
Oct 16, 2008
Hygear suspension is revalving all four of my shocks. They are close to me and come highly recommended. I have a little sag but the main thing for me was cranking it so stiff so I wouldn't bottom then I got a nasty pogo stick effect. I could never find a happy setting. There are much better valving combinations out there, unfortunately we have to pay to get it right. I am also going to get ther dual rate springs. Rode a sled last year who revalved (actually removed the needle) in just the rears and it was a huge improvement.

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
Hygear suspension is revalving all four of my shocks. They are close to me and come highly recommended. I have a little sag but the main thing for me was cranking it so stiff so I wouldn't bottom then I got a nasty pogo stick effect. I could never find a happy setting. There are much better valving combinations out there, unfortunately we have to pay to get it right. I am also going to get ther dual rate springs. Rode a sled last year who revalved (actually removed the needle) in just the rears and it was a huge improvement.

thanks i dont know much about shocks and revalving, how do you remove the needle? and what does the needle do?

E
Jan 18, 2008
St. Paul, AB
Shock Valving will have little to no effect on how a sled sits stationary with the rider on it. The springs are what holds the sled up, the shocks control the speed off the movement of the springs, both compression and rebound. Also on any polaris you need to have a block of 2X4 under the lugs at the front of the track to correctly set the sag, this is because the skis are sitting higher than they will on the snow forcing weight to the tail of the sled. At 190 pounds plus gear/gerry can, I'd recommmend the .375" springs that are available as a kit for around $100, or the .405 if you jump it. As for valving anyone will benefit from a well valved sled for their riding style and weight.

Reactions: CHARIOT OF DOOM
S
Oct 16, 2008
thanks i dont know much about shocks and revalving, how do you remove the needle? and what does the needle do?

I am no expert either. If you call Hygear or any other good shock shop they know exactly what to change with the walker evans needles on the dragons. The guy I spoke with blew me away with his detail and knowledge. Basically explain to them what you like on the trail and what you didn't and they come up with different options for you to choose. Basic stuff like rider weight, height, type of riding etc..

Premium Features