• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Re release the M series

R
Sep 12, 2010
Cat hit it out of the park with the Mseries the few handling upgrades on the pro climb don't come close to the m series. The Mseries handled better in a climb the higher fuel presser set up worked better maintenance was way easyer let alone the 1000 motor. Don't get me wrong my pro climb works well if I had the chance to trade it for a equal Mseries I would take that deal all day long. Any thoughts on that idea?

Reactions: mytimbits

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
the 16 did the job. I loved my Ms but now on the 16 i don't want to go back. what year is your PC?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I kept my Mseries for the first yr on my proclimb, then i rode the M for a couple days, put it up for sale after that.

GS6

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I liked my 10 M8 more than the nose plow 2012 proclimb I had. '14, '15, '16, '17 I wouldn't trade back for an M if you paid me.

Snowedunder

Premium Member
Mar 27, 2008
BC
The 16 front end was a game changer for me, love my 2013 with 16 front end on boost.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
^^^ me to. In fact my '14 was very disappointing until I did the '16 front end, grippers and rear shock revalve....oh and the boards, how can I forget that, ties with the 16' front end for the thing to do. Without question, its better by far now.

Sent from my telephone

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Im not going back, they feel like a sinking boat, ride a 16 and you will never look back

so true and the axis guys have no idea....wait i have had a few ride my 16 compared to the 16 axis and a lot of head scratching. all that along with the cat motor makes it a real hard choice.

R
Sep 12, 2010
I have a 14 I put a 16 fron end after folding my a arms I still stand behind what I said. Anone out there with a low milage Mseries withe a twisted kit let's talk. Preaty much everyone in my crew that had a Mseries and got a proclimb feal the same one guy kept his Mseries tried to make his proclimb work as well the last few months he parked the proclimb and rode the mseries. I'm not saying the proclimb is junk I just think from a hill climb and maintenance point of view the mseries is the way to go. Possibly from a boondocking point of view the proclimb is better but who really builds a sled for that. Can anyone explain why cat designed the proclimb with completely dissimilar nuts and bolts. When I work on the proclimb my shop floor is like a tool box yard sale and I'm pissed off the Mseries was fun to work on. How can the chain case be better than the diamond lite for example. I hate to rant but a sled is like a chopper if you put a hour on the meter you put a hour in maintenance.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Diamond drive dictates where the secondary is placed and in turn, limits rider positioning. That is my problem with the diamond drive. I did put 4,000 hard miles on my Mseries with the least repairs of any sled i have owned!
Beside my kitty cat, its only repair in the last 20+yrs was the fuel tank replaced. Still the original sparkplug!

GS6

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I am about to hurt some feelings. The following statement is the truth, not just an opinion so it will offend some people like all truths, and i want to apologize if you r offended.

Mseries and Pro are very similar. They are very easy to ride and a good fit for the general public (less skilled rider).
That is why the Pro is so popular, anyone can jump on it and take it places they have not been able to get other sleds to go. It has a very generic stable/planted feel.

The proclimb chassis is much more capable than the Mseries and Pro and because of this, it is not as friendly for the masses(less skilled rider).

Look at it like this.
Bugatti vs sedan. Ignore the $
Very similar in overall design, 4 wheels, steering wheel, side doors and glass windows. Both will take u to the grocery store and both can go around the racetrack.
most people will choose the sedan solely because it is comfortable. Some people will chose the Bugatti, a few of those people will hate the ride and go back to the sedan a few will keep it just for the looks and the rest will drive that Bugatti to its potential!

GS6

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
you do have to ride the proclimb more aggressive, the minute you baboon azz it you will start to have problems.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I for one love my m series and i have rode a few proclimbs but probably not long enough to see any benny's from it it. It is very simple to work on my m not so much on my buddy's pros. The pros seem taller which I'm sure adds to the tipability of it. Reality for me is i can go any where anyone is going and i can do it all day.To be sure my M looks old school comparison but it works. I'm 56 and in medium shape and im ok with it. In America people have to have the newest thing to keep up I'm not that guy and to be truthfull even though i could go out and buy a brand new sled any time i want i can't justify the price to go the same places i go now.Ride what you feel you need and enjoy it one day we might not be even doing it any more the way our country is going

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
m series will get you there but its one of the most boring rides doing so. struck me as higher maintenance after the 3,000 mile mark. maybe we are harder on things. tossed the primary in the garbage, rebuilt the DD, new a-arm bushings...
i think the 16-17s should be an improvement in every aspect.
sorry to those who had to do the r&d on the first few years of the proclimb, or thank you i mean:)

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
I love my 2010 m8 but am looking forward to jumping on a 16 or 17. The M's are great all around sleds, easy to modify, very easy to get parts for, take a hard beating, and do great in a straight line. But in the technical stuff the PC takes the winner.

Reactions: sno*jet

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I'm the opposite, I don't care if I offend anyone. ;)

I'm still waiting for cat to catch up to my 12 build.

As far as my series goes, f that.

But I would never ride a pc in stock form, you have to narrow the boards if you want it to act like an m on a sidehill. But they act better when so right.

If you could ride my 14 or 16 the way I had them setup you would not say that. Nor would you be able to anywhere close to the places I go.

Following even a perfect setup m would be boring.

Do this,
bmfab skinny boards
Gripper skis
3" with 8 tooth and gear up
16 skid
Lose the hood weight
Ds can
Increase steering
Fix the clutching, can be done

Setup right and I'll explain how to ride it, it's different than an m.
Then jump on a m and you will never ride one again.

Great sled for its time but it's like going from an m to king cat in comparison

Premium Features