• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

race fuel prices?

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
All i ran in my turbo was av gas and never a problem. Its 4.89 now in town and thats all i will be running this year as well.

I
Nov 26, 2007
Good to hear, I think I'm aiming for around 97 octane and that might even be a little high...so I'll look into getting a barrel of avgas and watering it down with some regular to save coin.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
What kind of boost you and turbo tim running?

I ran 15lbs most of the year and 17 the last two months. I know tim has been runnin 19+ in his built rx1 and it pulls like a freight train with no problems. Ive had zero problems with it and know many others that run it as well with great results.

Reactions: icr
T
Nov 21, 2007
Wasilla Alaska
What kind of boost you and turbo tim running?

I'm running 20 pounds of boost . When I was testing and tuning on lost lake last winter I ran it back to back half / mile runs (4 times) at w.o.t. on avgas - no engine damage , or pinging at all . It'll pull the skis up at 70 m.p.h. and hold them 18 inches off the snow to well over 100 mph ......Avgas is the bomb !!

Premium Features