• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

race fuel prices?

I
Nov 26, 2007
What's everyone paying for 110?

Avgas?

I just spent $100 on 10 gallons of trick 110 and looking for a cheaper alternative

Apr 11, 2008
Av gas is not the smartest idea to run in your sled it has difforent additives that can hurt your Moter just putting that out there.

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Av gas is not the smartest idea to run in your sled it has difforent additives that can hurt your Moter just putting that out there.

This has been, well, debated and proven to death...both ways...

That being said, I know of plenty of guys running AV (100%) in turbo 4s with success.
And I've ran AV in 2 stroke mods over the years as well. 100% and at various mixes with 91 pump...
I've read plenty on the "motor rating", "research ratings", M+R/2 and such, AV 100LL would be a little yellow 100 if it were sold at a gas station pump..at least by what I understand and read about it.

heres a read on RON, MON, PON..
http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/Reference/RONMONPON.html

that being said, there are plenty of topics about AV being hard on O2 sensors and cat. converters..

then of course, heres some propaganda from a site / company that sells race fuel...for what its worth.
http://speedwayracefuels.com/glossary.html

but a lot of things vary from "paper" to "real world". :p

I
Nov 26, 2007
I was quoted $438 for 55 gallons of 110.

Seems like it's a wash really, to get 97 octane I'd spend $58 for av/prem or $61 for 110/prem

Last edited:
A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado

Yeah, this issue has been beat to death in the Yamaha forum, and it is also made for low rpm engines at high altitude and so on and so forth. Where is Turbo Tim at, he will tell ya how he feels about av gas.

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
What stations in the state have a 91 premium(super) rating? I see 90 alot. or 89 midgrade? Once again, I see 88 or 88.5.

all over at elevations 4-5 k plus here...
Colorado, Wyoming, Montana
those i know first hand anyway...

where as lower elevations (Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan) have 92 and 93 as "premium".

Edit: oops, sorry, i'm in AK section and didn't know it. lol you wondering where you can actually find 91 in AK.. so nm my comment. ><

Premium Features