• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

R&M Vents and XP side panels?

W
Nov 26, 2007
Valdez
I have been thinking about picking up a set of R&M vents but am worried about the clutches pushing through.

Anybody have a set last winter? How did they hold up?

My stock panels took a beating last year with all my rollovers and stucks they almost have a hole through them.

L

ledoo

Dec 8, 2007
i marked where the primary clutch bolt was tagging the panel and riveted a piece of aluminum to the inside then drilled some holes in it outside the area that was hitting the clutch bolt. cut away the rest as per install instructions.

I like the vents but deffinately cheaper options out there.
other than that my sled gets rolled lots 2 years no problem .

Last edited:
E

ezimm

Dec 7, 2007
Hailey Id.
I had a set of vents on all last year and did not have a problem with them pushing through. I ride a lot of powder and am constantly laying it on its side. They worked perfectly.:D:D

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
my riding buddy has the r&m kit on his xp and didn't have problems with the clutch pushing through. those vents don't seem like they did **** for cooling off his clutches though. he is adding some shock tower vents to actually let air in that is directed over his clutches. then he'll have air coming in and the r&m vents can let the hot air out.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I think some venting is good, but that's the problem with all of them....when you need their benefit the most they can't function because they are covered/buried in snow. The need for them is reduced with good clutching ;)

E

ezimm

Dec 7, 2007
Hailey Id.
I agree with winter brew about good clutching, but every time I lay it over and come up there is not any snow stuck to my vents. And we all know heat robs horsepower. R&M vents were the first mod I put on my sled, I also put vents in the shock towers.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I agree with winter brew about good clutching, but every time I lay it over and come up there is not any snow stuck to my vents. And we all know heat robs horsepower. R&M vents were the first mod I put on my sled, I also put vents in the shock towers.

I was referring to the days when the snow is windshield deep.....and the entire hood is under the snow most of the day....not just snow sticking to vents, although that happens to with some vents.

Premium Features