• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pure genius...muff pot stinger

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
382366_491631870895365_1698066526_n.jpg

Can you say "flash cook". My frozen burrito would be charcoal in about 10 minutes.

I saw a couple of the guys up in Canada using those style cans last year. They worked pretty well.

Al has been making The Thing for a long time. Great muffler.
Interesting adaptation.

Are you running one Diz?
Are they as obnoxious as they ever were?

I ran a Thing and "Stealth" Thing on my ZX 700 build....
They were loud....very loud....too loud. But thats what seems to be cool.

Like the concept (for actually 'cooking' food), but don't want $500? worth of noise either.

Last edited:
check out my vids in the mtn. section of riding with Geoff Kyle and you can hear one. Geoff has one on his sled. A little louder than stock, but not bad at all. A lot quiter than Al's older stuff, and it works great, we cooked up some brats in Geoff's and it worked great.

I ride with a fella who has one...they work really well. Take about 10-15 mins of riding to cook in it. It fits the tin foil little rectangular trays that you can buy at any grocery store well so no clean up. Can itself isn't nearly as loud as I was expecting...I find the MBRP to actually be louder

Guys make fun of it but its really not that big of deal. I wrapped hot dogs in tin foil threw them in the cooker. Had buns in my pack and at lunch had two hot hot dogs. Better than jerky or candy bars, nice hot meal, you can beat that.

Reactions: 801
Are you running one Diz?
Are they as obnoxious as they ever were?

I ran a Thing and "Stealth" Thing on my ZX 700 build....
They were loud....very loud....too loud. But thats what seems to be cool.

Like the concept (for actually 'cooking' food), but don't want $500? worth of noise either.

No I run SLP stuff. But I do have a Muffpot on my sled. Nothing better than some hot and tasty snacks on the mountain to recharge

had this on my sled .. took it off

made my sled run like ****.

wouldn't pull past 7200 rpm on climbs, would choke when blipping throttle mid climb etc

replaced with stock can, all issues resolved !

had this on my sled .. took it off

made my sled run like ****.

wouldn't pull past 7200 rpm on climbs, would choke when blipping throttle mid climb etc

replaced with stock can, all issues resolved !
That was going to be my other question was what kind of performance it would give since the flow is disrupted. When you changed it it ran fine again? Your crushin My dream of getting Bob and i early christmas presents.

honestly, not the biggest fan of the can. Its loud and noticeable power loss. The fit and finish is not the greatest because they are hand made so everyone is different. Also these cans are very expensive and not worth the money in my opinion. Its cheaper and better to run a slp or mbrp can and strap a cooker to the top.

Premium Features

Back