• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pulling apart primary clutch

i have pulled apart my 04 primary clutch a bunch of times to clean it but i have heard that the 07 clutches are different and more difficult to do. Does anyone have anything i should look out for or anything that is different from the 07 clutch to the 04.
Thanks

i have pulled apart my 04 primary clutch a bunch of times to clean it but i have heard that the 07 clutches are different and more difficult to do. Does anyone have anything i should look out for or anything that is different from the 07 clutch to the 04.
Thanks

The difference is the outer half is a compression fitting to the stationary half.....no more splines. Once the clutch is off just whack the puller REAL hard to seperate the 2....just like before only tighter. And it's torqued to 80-85ft lbs also. Make sure the 2 halves are aligned before you torque it.

I leave my clutch puller in the clutch, turn the clutch with the puller head down, grab hold of the fixed sheave and while always holding on I drop the clutch on to the shop floor, usually from about 4-6 inches. Seems to work not too bad.

Premium Features

Back