• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project "Tree Flosser" Montana Adrenaline & Kurt's Polaris Custom Sled Build...

Today I was able to get the new 36" narrow front end from Alternative Impact installed. I chose this kit since it was a direct replacement setup that allowed us to continue using a sway bar. The setup was clean and made for an easy install with a great looking fit and finish. Now we just need the new Raptor billet shocks to arrive.

Thanks Dan (Alternative Impact), your products are top notch in my book!!!

20141205_152724.jpg 20141205_153210.jpg 20141205_210219.jpg

Last edited:
I have done the basic strip down for powder coat before (spindles rails running boards and other various goodies)

If you get time Id like to know more about the prep for powder coat on any of the glued surfaces, and prep for reassembly after powder

Thanks

Was able to get the rear skid installed. Waiting for the Raptor shocks to show up but we wanted to get it closer to sitting on its own. All and all I'm pretty happy with the color combinations and flow from front to rear. Thoughts????

We also installed the lower plastics today. Chose to accented them with a white polaris skid plate and a "Shocker Yellow" ultimate polaris front bumper.

Upper structure has been put in place. The factory carbon fiber one was damaged so I went with an aluminum setup and powder coated it. Truthfully I think the carbon fiber would have looked out of place but you can be the judge of that. Yes it is a weight savings but not enough for me to go with it. Guess I'll have to drink a good cup of Joe in the morning and hit up he men's room to even things out...LOL

Hope you all like our progress so far.

Cheers, Erik

20141205_210201.jpg 20141205_210146.jpg 20141205_210054.jpg

I'm curious about the rider forward handle bar offset plate. What is it? Any photo's? I can imagine what it might be but let's see it!!

The rider forward plate keeps the post in the same position but moves the bars forward almost 2 inches. Now people have concerns and comments about this creating more of a swinging effect over rotational/pivot effect. We could go rounds with this debate until both sides are blue in the face. Big picture here is honestly the ride forward move the your bars forward enough that it allows a rider to be knees up against the consul and maintain a more neutral or relaxed position. Look and the picture and you be the judge. Our newest version has the plate to post bolt counter sunk which present a great fit and finish.

IMG_6798.jpg IMG_6803.jpg

Sincere question.

Since you are off the rotational axys of the steering post with the plate forward...

What is the benefit of the plate compared to simply rolling the bars forward so that the grips/hands are in the same position as with the plate installed and the bars set to "zero roll" ??

Both scenarios would put the bars in the same turning-arc it would seem.

Last edited:
Sincere question.

Since you are off the rotational axys of the steering post with the plate forward...

What is the benefit of the plate compared to simply rolling the bars forward so that the grips/hands are in the same position as with the plate installed and the bars set to "zero roll" ??

Both scenarios would put the bars in the same turning-arc it would seem.

The pull of the bar would make the bar ends point upwards quite a lot if you just tilt the bar forwards. It makes the wrist angle very uncomfortable in my opinion.

Yes I agree tilting the bars forward that far curls up the bar ends. I have done this in the past on my 13 to take the girlfriend out on trail rides. The bar ends "hook" to the sky

Are you running any kind of padding over the plate or perhaps going to round the corners off in the plate as much as possible on the final version. The corners on that version look painful in any kind of handlebar impact

My nuts thank you for considering padding or edge rounding in advance

Yes I agree tilting the bars forward that far curls up the bar ends. I have done this in the past on my 13 to take the girlfriend out on trail rides. The bar ends "hook" to the sky

Are you running any kind of padding over the plate or perhaps going to round the corners off in the plate as much as possible on the final version. The corners on that version look painful in any kind of handlebar impact

My nuts thank you for considering padding or edge rounding in advance

http://www.rsiracing.com/SMALL-BAR-PADS_p_37.html

I know Curt has two gear down kits, is yours the lower ratio?

Wing Nut... I have install the belt drive skid plate pulley protector. This is not needed for the small diameter 2.43 ratio gear down system. I opted to go with the small diameter 2.43 ratio system since that is the combination I ran and tested all last season. That will help me knowing a base line where to start when utilizing a Big Bore power plant. This new motor package should make a lot of torque and I'll be running it around 8400 rpms. The big ratio(2.43) will allow both clutches to be utilized to there full potential and create more track speed.

I do intend to test and use both gear down ratio combinations through the season. That is why I have already set the sled up for both setups. One I have the machine tuned and clutched properly with the (2.43 ratio) we will work on a setup using our (2.32 ratio) to find out which one gives the optimum results

Hope this helps and make sure you stop by to see the sled during Kurt's Polaris Snow Days this Saturday Dec. 13 from 10am - 4pm. They will have lunch, prizes and HUGE DISCOUNTS. Make sure to say you seen it on snowest...

IMG_6813.jpg IMG_6810.jpg IMG_6815.jpg IMG_6816.jpg IMG_6809.jpg

so?

Eric, have any of u guys tested the 2.32 ratio yet, on a stock setup? Was gonna go that direction, but I really like how the 2.43 worked. At least that is what I think was on the demo last year......?

I did almost this same exact stuff to my sled pretty much everything in the list except for the raptors and the big bore even tore it down all the way and had the bulkhead tunnel and overstructure powder coated except all black I did the handle bars black too but it looks awesome I love the white tunnel and the green is way cool

Well it was another great day of success yesterday. Made some big head way on the "Tree Flosser". First thing I found in the morning was a package from Jake and Jonathon at Raptor shocks. Wow...Is there stuff nice and we're super excited to get out and try them next week.

Next on the list was an install of a MTN Tk blow fan system. I think the concept of this product work great and will be a huge plus for removing heat out within the engine compartment. Especially if your not interested in modifying your side panels for vent installs. I was a little disappointed with the fit and finish though. I felt like it took a lot of little tweaking here and there on all the components to make them fit properly. I may be a little more of a so called perfectionist which could be part of it. All and all I feel this product will provide a much needed benefit.

Latter in the afternoon we got the urge to play with our new suspension so I decided we better finish installing the components on our new Next Level handle bars. I took the time to install a base layer of cork before installing both heaters and grips. This will act as an insulator to help transfer heat through the grips instead of the metal bars. We've gotta have warm tatters in order to hold onto this hotrod...LOL

In order to finish that task the gas tank was installed and a new Next Level Lower Rise Seat. Wow, when they say low you better like low. We all laughed at one another's remarks after throwin' a leg over her. I'm think the seat will be great for the style of tree riding we do here in Western Montana but I probably wouldn't recommend it for anybody utilizing a lo of seat time.

Once again Happy Holidays and don't forget to stop by and check out Snow Days at Kurts Polaris in Missoula this weekend...Cheers

IMG_6795.jpg IMG_6797.jpg IMG_6831.jpg IMG_6832.jpg IMG_6823.jpg IMG_6821.jpg IMG_6819.jpg

Questions about the seat. Does it make it feel like you are throwing a leg over an edge again with a big bar riser kit?

Looking at the seat to bar height that's what it looks how but would feel to me

I mean for the limited amount of seat time I do it would be ok for me.

Questions about the seat. Does it make it feel like you are throwing a leg over an edge again with a big bar riser kit?

Looking at the seat to bar height that's what it looks how but would feel to me

I mean for the limited amount of seat time I do it would be ok for me.

Hey Micky, I think the seat is truly more comfy then any one could of ever been back in the day. It is almost 3" lower then a stock pro's seat high. Its far from not being manageable but it did notice my knees are no longer bent and seem to be more towards a 90 degree position when seated.

I can't give a far evaluation without getting out on it for some seat time.

Thanks Erik

Premium Features

Back