• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Project "Tree Flosser" Montana Adrenaline & Kurt's Polaris Custom Sled Build...

BlowinSmoke

Lifetime Membership
Project "Tree Flosser" Montana Adrenaline & Kurt's Polaris Custom Sled Build...

The team at Kurt's Polaris in Missoula, MT and Montana Adrenaline have began their custom sled build. We had an opportunity to create a very rider desired backcountry sled after a local customer had an unfortunate riding accident while out riding the aggressive backcountry Western Montana has to offer. The machine was then disassemble and broke down to each individual part as if it was still on the assembly line at Polaris Industries. This is when we began our desire to create project "Tree Flosser."

Some key options we will be using are as listed below:

Kurt's Polaris tunnel side braces
Kurt's Polaris OEM gear down kit (2.36 ratio with 40mm wide belt)
Kurt's Polaris clutch kit
Kurt's Polaris rider forward handle bar offset plate
Powder Coating from PCS in Missoula
Alternative Impact 36" front end kit
Raptor Shocks
Powder Pro skis
Next Level low rise seat
Next Level low rise handle bars
Polaris Ultimate front and rear bumpers
MtnTk blow hole system
RK Tek 858 Big Bore
Polaris engine case porting and cylinder exhaust porting (Erik Durham)

We hope you will follow along and enjoy our sled project. The crew plans to have project "Tree Flosser" completed and on display for people to view at our 2nd Annual Snow Day Event being held at Kurt's Polaris (Missoula) on December 13th from 10am to 4pm. Deep discounts, free food, and many door prizes.

Happy Holidays Everybody!!!

20140211_152133.jpg 20140211_152422.jpg 20140211_151914.jpg 20140211_152034.jpg

Last edited:
Should look pretty cool, white is just sooo hard to keep,,,,,,white....

That's a fact jack but its the price one pays to create a master piece. I look at it as a sled heads oath to keep it looking clean and sexy after every ride...LOL

Yesterday we setup for the beginning stage of assemble. Made sure all the pieces aligned correctly for bonding. With only 6-8 minutes working time of the Lords glue you better have it rite. We also took the time to run a tap and die over all threaded areas to make sure the powder coat wouldn't interfere. Installed new bearings in both upper and lower belt drive plate.

I also made sure to scuff up any area that was going to be attached or have contact with the Lords epoxy. This will give them some tooth and make sure both parts have the best possible chance for proper adhesion.

IMG_6729.jpg IMG_6734.jpg IMG_6739.jpg IMG_6735.jpg IMG_6728.jpg

Really like the "acid Green" color.

Thanks Mountain Horse. The color is called "Shocker Yellow" and I'm here to tell you when its seen in the natural sunlight the name holds true...OMG

All the colors are Prismatic Powders if anybody want to look them up.

Wing Nut.... I should have known better then take a guy off the show room floor and ask for help. I could only imagine what the paper work trail looks like when he is done...LOL...Did you notice Dale Einstein had the service manual upside down? Hey at least he try's!!!!

umm i probably shouldn't have looked at this... i might have to do this next summer!!

I know this is not likely being kept track of. But are you guys doing a running total on $$$$

I have debated doing something like this many times. But have no idea what the ball park cost would be. I know its all subjective. But a guesstimate would sure go along ways for people in the fence

I know this is not likely being kept track of. But are you guys doing a running total on $$$$

I have debated doing something like this many times. But have no idea what the ball park cost would be. I know its all subjective. But a guesstimate would sure go along ways for people in the fence

Micky, thanks for following our build. Since we are still in the making I don't have a cost yet and we are doing the build in-house so labor fees aren't involved. I will do my best to put together a round about figure when we get closer to completion for others to know. I can tell you powder coating at PCS in Missoula, Montana was less then $500 for the entire machine which is better then what a wrap cost these days in my mind. I'm also pretty certain the snow will shed better with powder coat then vinyl but I have been wrong before. Wait, did I just really say that...LOL

Cheers, Erik

Handle bar re-locate?

I'm curious about the rider forward handle bar offset plate. What is it? Any photo's? I can imagine what it might be but let's see it!!

Premium Features

Back