• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pro 5 racing ????

Anyone ever heard of PRO 5 Racing, If so whats the history of them. I checked out the web but it dnt really come up with anything but a futuristic website. I know there based out od Roseau MN but nothing comes up on a race team or a driver by the name of Chris Kennison?

They were founded by 5 guys, most of which worked in the poo race dept or independant race teams, engineers ect. I believe one of them was Larry Rugland. I think they have built factory race motors in the past but not sure.they go back a long long way. burt basset was one of the other owners

Last edited:
Thanks John, I just purchased a 06 IQR with a 600 MOD in it. The title is made out to PRO-5 and the motor was built by them, so I was wondering the history of them. I came across the Burt Basset name on the internet, I will have to give him a call. Thanks again

pro 5 is out of Roseau MN the build good stuff my first water cross sled was from them worked go for me

Pro 5

Friends of my family know most the guys. They are a group of older guys with tons of experience. Yes most all the above is correct from what I know. I met Burt when I was a kid through friends of family while we were doing some water skipping. All swam but a Cat. Burt was nice enough to winch them out with his van he had on the lake. They some down home boys. I have spoke with Larry Several times on phone. His crate motors are unreal! His pipes are way nice also! I would be proud to have one of there machines. I am sure it will work good for you. Good luck

my 660 was in their shop last week. never heard of them till other polaris riders told me about them. hope i dont have anymore problems this year with my sled.

Premium Features

Back