• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Primary clutch compatibility

M
Dec 17, 2021
Idaho
Does anyone know where I could find some info on primary clutch compatibility? I have a 94 wildcat 700 that broke an arm on the “spider”. Are these parts common/the same in most clutches? What years and engine sizes can I pull a primary off of and swap it on? Am I better off going aftermarket? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Any 30 mm taper clutch will work, just have to calibrate and set offset to secondary accordingly. Some guys use Polaris P85s on those, those early Cat Comet clutches don't last long on 700s.

B
Feb 4, 2011
Any 30 mm taper clutch will work, just have to calibrate and set offset to secondary accordingly. Some guys use Polaris P85s on those, those early Cat Comet clutches don't last long on 700s.
You got any idea if the Jag 440 also has a 30mm taper? I have one of those old engines I'm monkeying around with and may need a clutch.

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
Side note, not all P85 clutches from 800 RMK's work either. Somewhere around '04-05 and newer went to a bigger taper. I found that out the hard way after purchasing one from a '13.

Premium Features