• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

powerclaw162 or camo extreme 163x16

R
Mar 13, 2008
Planning on changing tracks on my 163 xp this summer, trying to decide between a camoextreme 163x16x2.5, or a 162x 15 powerclaw. Has anybody tried either of these on an xp? Any Opinions? Am buying a powerclaw for another sled but now thinking about putting it on the xp.

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Nah man, just go with the extreme. They work really really well!! No expirience with the pc but it has less track on the snow and less lug. Its gunna get beat when the bs stops and the snow gets deep.

X

xrs800pheonix1

Apr 5, 2009
Alberton mt
I have a maverick

I have a maverick 163 but want to put a new track on in the summer suggestions. I have read the posts above a friend suggested the 09 track on the rev. I have a 07 rev.

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
In our group we have a couple stock tracked xp's, one with a maverick, and one with a 2.5. All 163's. The maverick seems to be real competitive with the stock tracks. In some snow it works better because it doesnt have huge holes in it that let really wet snow pack up the suspension. In other conditions its a wash. the 2.5 has been better everywhere. It just keeps going.

My sled will be getting a 2.5 174 for next season. I think that is the track to run.

L

ledoo

Dec 8, 2007
Planning on changing tracks on my 163 xp this summer, trying to decide between a camoextreme 163x16x2.5, or a 162x 15 powerclaw. Has anybody tried either of these on an xp? Any Opinions? Am buying a powerclaw for another sled but now thinking about putting it on the xp.

if you get the 2.86 pitch 163 the paddles are 15' wide the belt portion is 16' wide just so you know. better than stock for sure easier to lean over too. but i myself may change tracks again either 3 pitch 162 2.5 (really 16" wide) or chain case extension and 3".

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Don't count the Powder Claw out

Nah man, just go with the extreme. They work really really well!! No expirience with the pc but it has less track on the snow and less lug. Its gunna get beat when the bs stops and the snow gets deep.

Not to be a smart azz but if you don't have any experience with the powderclaw then how can you make these comments. In my experience i watched a stock M1000 153 (powderclaw) beat/ or at least stay even with a cutler 1000 in M7 with a 156 extreme. And the only thing we could figure was the track was making up the difference. Just my .02

Not to be a smart azz but if you don't have any experience with the powderclaw then how can you make these comments. In my experience i watched a stock M1000 153 (powderclaw) beat/ or at least stay even with a cutler 1000 in M7 with a 156 extreme. And the only thing we could figure was the track was making up the difference. Just my .02

Yeah but that isn't even a good comparison, those two m-chassis had a lot different with them, skid placement, but more importantly, skid setup and rider weight.

My advice is go with the Camo Extreme, been witness to way to many of them going where no other sled would go! That includes the powderclaw, response has been mixed with it, some like it, some hate it! But you're talking to a person running a reversed Attack 20 and likes it, so maybe I'm screwed up in the head.:rolleyes::D

Oh, BTW- why not the 3", not TOO much more work to stuff a 3 under it, just a chaincase mod, but what I heard, it is WORTH IT!!!

T

tcpeterson

Jan 14, 2009
Orofino, ID
Well i could see the 3" working good it you could shove it under the tunnel and had the power to turn it fast enough!

And i know those were two different sleds but i was amazed that the stock 1000 was able to keep up with a well tuned cutler

Local guy on here under the name Robbie has a 174x3" under his mostly stock xp and says it works great! The big thing around here isn't track speed, but having a big enough track to climb out of the hole you dig! So many trees and almost no big open areas to ride, and combined with the descent dumps of pow we get, it can really test a track. Not saying track speed isn't important, just saying that the kind of riding we do isn't just climbing the Monster, it's almostly all boondocking. I have also seen pretty good results out of a Maverick, sucks in the spring, but man, sure works good in the fluff!

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
if you get the 2.86 pitch 163 the paddles are 15' wide the belt portion is 16' wide just so you know. better than stock for sure easier to lean over too. but i myself may change tracks again either 3 pitch 162 2.5 (really 16" wide) .

???? thats frikkn goofy! Why would camo do that???

L

ledoo

Dec 8, 2007
???? thats frikkn goofy! Why would camo do that???

i suspect it's cause the sides were getting chipped on the 16 wide not enough clearence. anyway lots of posts on the improvement in handling of 15 wide and mine deffinately handled better and stayed on top better for sure. climbed better, all around deffinately better than the stock track which was great too.
it's just do you want more track and better handling or just as much track as you can get regardles of handling.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
In all the posts about putting the 3 pitch track on ive never read anything about it rubbing or chipping. Im also not a big believer that a normal rider can really tell he has 1/2 of an inch less on his track when he is sidehilling , plasebo effect i think its called. On the same note i dont believe in the 2 wheel kits either. I do know that a 15 wide doesnt climb or brake as well as a 16 wide.

L

ledoo

Dec 8, 2007
stock xp tracks chipping, if the extreme2.5 was slightly narrower it would be an excellent replacement without the chipping problem. far as the xp's go i think pretty much all the tracks had the sides of the paddles chipped just look at one. as for what i do or don't believe when i was 25 i never thought i'd get older and put on weight didn't stop it from happening

Last edited:
S

Sledsniper

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern Montana
I put a camo extreme on my xp.I think it made it better.I was dissapointed with the paddles only being 15 wide at first, only because they call it a 16 wide and the pictures I saw didn't show them being narrower.When you pay $1000 for a track and its not what you expected its pretty annoying,but I'm not dissapointed with the performance,I think the added clearance helps.You still have the 16 wide belt for floation.I have about 400 miles on it.
Just my opinyon.

Last edited:

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
have power claw on my turbo nytro and it works great in the deep of northern B.C. won't swith it for anything. depends on the snow you like or get

R
Mar 13, 2008
Well I've made up my mind, the powerclaw is going on my turboed 700 polaris and I'm going to go with the camo extreme on the xp, now I just need to decide onthe 163 with the 1" narrower lugs or the 162, I can't really see the narrower lug making that much of a differance.

Premium Features