• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powder Lite Track?

A
Jul 6, 2009
So i have heard alot about how terrible the poweder lite track that came on the 07 summit X is. I was wondering what is wrong with the track, is it too stiff? Are there any conidtions when the track works well, like in hard snow conditions?

D
Oct 13, 2008
works fine on hard pack or in set up spring snow, but trenches like a mother in the powder. It is too stiff and has duribility issues with paddles cracking and breaking.

R

rhino

Nov 26, 2007
Greenwater WA
I went through this same drill 2 years ago with the powder lite track. Should I or shouldn't I put it on my sled. I ended up putting it on my 01 summit and it was a huge improvement over the stock track. So it comes down to how much you are paying for it, what you are replacing and where you ride. In my case it was well worth the effort and frankly I didn't notice it trenching as bad as everyone claims. I ride with guys with XP's and hang with them all day long in deep snow.

A
Jul 6, 2009
Thanks for the input. I fugure the tracks cant be all bad. They must be good for something or ski-doo's research and development team has something wrong. Did these tracks work good for ski-doo racers at the hill climbs?

S
Dec 1, 2007
BC
i've got over 4500miles on my stock 159 challenger lite, i clipped a small V in the lugs, seemed to help a little bit. the lugs are super stiff and its a power hungry track, with good track speed it does awesome. i never really had a problem in 4 feet of sugar pow with proper clutching. every one hates them but you can find them for 200 bucks or so.

Premium Features