• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powder Coating ?

A
Jan 16, 2008
Anybody ever have anything powder coated by Anchorage Custom Powder Coating Anchorage Custom Powder Coating. Just wondering about there work or if anyone has any other suggestions about gettting some powder coating done in anchorage.

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
Anybody ever have anything powder coated by Anchorage Custom Powder Coating Anchorage Custom Powder Coating. Just wondering about there work or if anyone has any other suggestions about gettting some powder coating done in anchorage.

Yeah they did my A-arms (pearl white and Black) they're more expensive than Advanced, but they do a good job. I had no problems with them, they don't do much snow machine stuff but certainly can... here's a pic. not that it'll help much

101_0403.jpg

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
No experience with them but Mark at Advanced powder coating in the valley does a real nice job, did my pipes for me last year. Great service good guy and reasonable prices. Just my .02 on where I would get it done.

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
Take it to Mark. I've had him do literally a couple hundred sled parts for me and he does fantastic work at a great price. Tell him your a snowest member and you get 10% off.

W

woodies

not to hijack but what kind of sanding or grinding will it hide?maybe better Q?how fine does it need to be?

A
Apr 30, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Just four different shades of black....
CIMG0745.jpg

CIMG0744.jpg

CIMG0743.jpg

CIMG0528.jpg

That's it for pictures I have. My oven is only big enough to hold that block (1300 Pol watercraft block...) I've mostly dome smaller parts for my motorcycle.

The third pic looks bad, but we went over it again with a second coat. Not sure how "professional" that is, but it works. Seriously, 95% of your time powder coating is spent cleaning the parts to perfection. The actual process is easy as hell.

Last edited:
Premium Features