• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Post your Boost Leak pics.

C

catmanm7

Post your boost leak findings and what you did to fix or repair them. This thread may help people looking for boost leaks, and possibly pin point the known trouble areas.
Here are a couple of mine.
Reed Boots ripped
Exhaust donut worn out...
Both were perfectly fine or new when installed. Probably less then 600 miles. Time for a new setup.

0126041628.jpg 0126041629.jpg

I didnt take any pics of my leaks, but there were as followed...
Exhaust donuts (ypipe and pipe to turbo)
Vaccuum line from BOV to throttle body was broken,
Air box was loose

I got new donuts, I also like to put some silicone around the donut before putting the pipe on. I do this on the inside and outside of the donut, be careful not to get any into the pipe.

I tightened the airbox and ran a new line from the BOV to the throttle body.

This is how i found and fixed my leaks.

20131226_134430.jpg

20131226_135559.jpg

Found a leak on Donut between Y-pipe and pipe. Cured with a new seal + ultra copper paste + double springs.

Also found out my egt-probes where leaking a bit.

I am working on my boost leak too.

I have a couple pin holes in my Manifold. Can I weld it while it on the sled?

Also fuel injector leaking about 1/4" up from tip on seam in the injector. Is this normal? Is the injector bad?

I have the twisted kit and it has the adjustable boost dial. There is a small hole in the fitting that runs to the Exhaust diaphragm. My sled was supposed to be running 11 lbs of boost. But about about 6 lbs air bypasses though the adjuster. Does that mean its set at 6 lbs? I turned the dial up and it increased the lbs before it started leaked. But why does it have a hole in it? I attached a pic of what I am talking about.

Also getting some bubbles around the BOV seat. Where can I get a new O ring?

2014-01-28 20.00.03.jpg 2014-01-28 20.00.17.jpg 2014-01-28 20.05.14.jpg

I have the same boost controller as you, so I think I know what the little whole your talking about is...I was told that the is more for air to come in. That it does not account for a leak, he put it as this, back in the day before adjustable came out, they would screw different size main jets into the boost line to get more or less boost, he said that is what that little whole is...

Plz correct me if I am wrong. I know mine would leak air there but still pulls and holds boost.

Premium Features

Back