• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris M-10

I need to know how to uncouple an M-10 rear skid that I lengthened from 121 to 151. It doesnt transfer the weight like I would want it to. I would like to know if it is possible for this skid to pack the ski's like a summit?

Take off the front limiter strap, then reinstall it, but make sure you only compress the front arm only .5" from where it sits without a strap when you install the limiter. If you have to compress it more than that get a longer strap. Then, consider a stronger front shock spring. Or at least crank up the pre-load on what you have, if it is already cranked up, get a higher poundage spring.

Next, the coupler blocks. They need to be shorter. FAST sells a shorter set or you can modify your existing blocks. They need to be dead even to each other. Look at shaving maybe only .25" off the stock blocks. I went .5" on mine but while it takes time to remove, cut down, install, test it out and possibly doing it over again, its better than the alternative of cutting more than to your liking and it becoming too much.

Next I tend to pull the FRA back a bit but add a little more spring pressure on the rear shock. Sometimes it needs to be radically more spring and valving. But pushing to the arm too far forward to compensate for a too soft rear shock makes it harder to transfer around the now taller shock. A lot of this has to do with the added leverage from the longer track.

Premium Features

Back