• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Gripper Skis questions

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
So tomorrow night i am ordering a set of new pro rmk gripper skis.
I started a thread awhile back on this but i can not find it and lost the info i need.

So what parts do i all need?
1. Ski
2. wear bar
3. Rubber dampner??
4. POL Ski bolt and spacers??

Tell me everything i need to know to get these things on my 13 M8 guys!

What is the easiest wway to get them to work? Money is not an issue as i have a buddy with connections to polaris so im not to worried on what it will cost to make it work.

Also what carbides work the best on these and does woodys make a set? all i can find are studboys.

Oh and if possible part numbers would be great! thanks!!!

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
You need the skis with loops and wear bars. You reuse your stock cat ski rubbers but need to cut off a row or who of the nubs on the bottom to fit the Polaris slots. Pretty self explanatory when you have them in your hand.

Most guys source their own hardware because the Polaris bolts are crazy expensive. Pretty sure my dad paid $45 for 2 bolts, 2 nuts and a few washers. Brafasco order would have been about $6.

The Polaris hardware does work fine on the cats though.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Order ski's through Michelle at Oregon trail sports. They are the best price. With loops they are cheaper than buying just the bottom replacements through her. Get bolts at fastenal. Grade 10.9 155mm length. Get nuts and washers at fastenal or ace hardware. I recommend hardweld carbides thru Woody's. I have alt impact ti carbides on mine and while they are 1/2 the weight, they are 2xs + as expensive and the ti wore more than i thought they would in one ride. 14-15 spindle ski rubber and cut 2nd in rows of nubs off bottom with utility knife. Cut the gripper ski saddle in a straight plane where the inner saddle plastic where poo rubber seats start to lip upward.

Premium Features