• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pics of Skinz Protective Gear on Dragon 800 Part II

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I had no complaints with the stock look either. I have to say though, that I really like this look too. I guess that's what makes each of us different. :beer; Remember, this is the sled they used for r&d of almost all of the products they offer for the IQ chassis. I pretty much handed my sled to them and gave them free reign to do what they wanted.
I may be more of a function before form kinda guy. I am really looking forward to the weight loss and additional cooling from the new hood. This chassis can really benefit with more cooling especially. Everything from the clutching and electronics to more consistent running with the CFI. The seat wrap works great. I come from a MX background so I really appreciate the gripper material. And the rear bumper is a vast improvement in functionality. The stocker is next to impossible to get your hands in between the tunnel and the bumper for lifting.
You will notice how Skinz tied in the look of the footwell stirrups the new seat support and the rear bumper. I think this is how it should have been out of the crate. Again, that's just me.
Now if I can just figure out why my motor mounts are to the end of their adjustment and I can't get my clutches aligned. Uhg.
Happy Holidays

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
So that is just a stock seat with there wrap?

Is it pretty easy to do or do you send your seat to them?

Haven't looked at this thread in quite awhile. Sorry :rolleyes: You are correct. It is the stock seat. You remove your stock cover and install their wrap. I used to work at an upholstery shop so I find it very simple to install. It really is pretty straight forward though .
Not sure how they recommend doing it, but here is my process. Center the cover on the seat. Throw in a couple of staples to hold the front or back in place. Pull snug to the opposite end and staple. Now find the longest point on the sides. And attach the same way. Pulling snug and taking care to maintain center. Then it is a simple matter of working your way out from the four corners. Continue pulling snug. You can remove wrinkles by pulling material and overlapping on the bottom side.
Not sure if you were still interested, but I can't sleep so this gave me something to do. Thanks :)

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Some requests on another thread for some pics of Skinz products. I'm bringing this back up and will be updating some images with some additional items available this season.
These guys just won't slow down with more great ideas and products to make riding even more enjoyable.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
a few new items

LEDTailLightKitTLED100PolarisCFI.jpg
SPGAirFlexWSPolarisPartPAFW100-BK.jpg

A nice LED taillight option for the Polaris CFI. Lighter brighter and smaller.
The Airflex Windscreen for the Airframe hood. A nice option to deflect snow and eliminate the possibility of a broken windshield in a rollover. It's comical when I don't see the sled for a few months it just seems acquire new goodies. Actually, talking with Skinz last weekend we had a good laugh over the fact that they have had my sled more than I have. :p

SPGSkiGuards2PartSG100-BK.jpg
HMW-PETunnelRack24inchPicPartPTR200.jpg

Some new ski guards to protect your trailer. Very nice universal design to fit most skis. Even made to accommodate dual runner skis. Sorry, not going to fit the fatty Simmons skis though :rolleyes:
A new cost effective tunnel rack kit available in 12" and 24". HMW plastic design can be trimmed to fit your application perfectly.

Last edited:

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
SPGPolarisUnderSeatTunnelPakPartPTP.jpg

Per request here is a closer shot of the seat wrap for the IQ and the under seat bag.

SPGPolyTunnelRackInstalledPic-Black.jpg
SPG12inchPolyTunnelRackBlack.jpg

And a couple more shots of the Poly tunnel rack.

Premium Features