• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Phazer MTX or Nytro XTX

fc8464

Lifetime Membership
Spent the last several days looking over this forum for opinions on these two sleds. Found alot of great information, but not exactly what I was looking for. I put a X3 track on my summit this summer so it is strictly mountains and deep powder dedicated. I am wanting a sled to run trails, Jump water bars and take to the mountains when the snow is set and wind blown. I have no intension on installing a turbo or s/c, but want something that will handle the bumps. My only experience on a 4 stroke sled was a 07 short track Phazer my buddy got his daughter last year. Took it to Summit ( Alaska) and had a blast. Snow was set up and took turns trying to make it up the face of the Tit. never made it more than 3/4. So I no the phazer is under powered but the nytro is heavy. Would apreciate any opinions I could get. Thanks Fred

So I no the phazer is under powered but the nytro is heavy. Would apreciate any opinions I could get. Thanks Fred

Pretty much sums it up there.
Have both - ditching the Nytro's this season for a pair of Pro RMK's. Nytro has a great engine but chassis /weight / balance sucks.
Phazer is definitely more fun to ride but is lacking a bit in power - track tends to trench because of the steep approach angle but some have moved the skid back which is a bit of a fix. Yamaha was a lot closer on the phazer platform than the nytro.

Premium Features

Back