• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Petersville First Rides

I realize that, but the "good" riding starts WAY before January in my opinion. January is when you get about a 4-5 hour window of daylight and its cold as hell. Im glad there are guys that wait until its super deep, keeps the trail less hammered and the snow untracked longer :) Should be getting alot more snow here in the next few weeks so you shouldnt need to wait much longer.

Rode P-Ville yesterday (Sat, 27 Nov). All of the parking lots were pretty much full by 9:30, I think half of the state was up there! We mostly rode the swamps north of Kenny Creek and the Roadhouse. Swamps and creeks still not solid under the new snow, lots of yellow tracks after most crossings for us. The rain last week made an icy crust under the fresh snow that fell over Thanksgiving, but we should have a good base now. As always, the snow was better in swamps protected from the wind by the trees...lots of untouched areas still, which was surprising. Anyone have any reports from out back in the hills?

We rode the dutch hills saturday..was great..about 3 ft total with a goodbase....wasnt windblown up high like I thought it would be....dang road sure is rough , be glad when they get the groomers going....

Take the swamps that parallel the road, you can make just as good as time, even when the road is groomed, which other than last year seems to be a rare occurrence.

The parking lots were beyond full when we got to p-ville yesterday

had to ride the swamps out by the parks and it sucked

Take the swamps that parallel the road, you can make just as good as time, even when the road is groomed, which other than last year seems to be a rare occurrence.

I have ridden the swamps back in the past..but i dont remember exactly which turn takes you to which place...need a tour guide along for that...plus havent put a gps mount on this new sled yet..another project I need to get on....

Mike,

Wish I would have known you were there. I took Nick and Ross back to the
hills on Saturday thru the swamps. It was good riding back in the hills.

Premium Features

Back