• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Petersville 03-30?

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Sleo007 and I were thinking about heading north to Petersville tomorrow.

Has anyone been up that way?

Would the ash be a problem?

They were supposed to get 1 to 1 1/2 feet of new snow yesterday and today. Did they get it?

If we go we will leave early. Probably around 9:00-9:30 so if we decide to go and you want someone to ride with let me know.

Obviously we will not head up if the conditions suck.

B
Nov 26, 2007
dv keep in mind if they did get new snow the ash is still there. Think every time you make a Trench your digging down into the ash and its like little peices of sandpaper. wheels,bearings,hifaxs. I called my season off. My riding areas got ash so ill wait for next year so i dont do damages.

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
dv keep in mind if they did get new snow the ash is still there. Think every time you make a Trench your digging down into the ash and its like little peices of sandpaper. wheels,bearings,hifaxs. I called my season off. My riding areas got ash so ill wait for next year so i dont do damages.

I wondered about that myself. I saw they were riding up in Cantwell yesterday but that is to far of a trip for a day ride.

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
Sh1t'll buff out..

Anybody know how deep it actually is? The ash, doesnt seem like itll be too much of a problem, but if there was like a foot of ash that fell i wouldnt go

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
I think they only got a small coating of ash and by now it should be under a good foot of snow.. Sounds like a ride to me.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Doesn't sound like Pville got near the ash we did on the Kenai in 89. As soon as the next snow fell, we were all back out to riding again. I don't know of a single sled that had issues due to the ash fall. Think about this guys, when break up is over and things dry out, that ash is now once again going to be laying on the surface everywhere blowing around. Guess you need to park your trucks,boats, and wheelers this summer too. Point is, it is going to be worse then, then it is burried under a layer of snow. Use a little common snese and go have fun.

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
We are leaving Wasilla around 8:00 am.. If anyone wants to ride with us we will be in the Petersville parking lot in a silver H3 towing an enclosed trailer.. Ski-doo Rev and 06 Crossfire.. or shoot me a pm. Should get up there around 9:30 or so..

R

revtech100

Oct 13, 2008
Anchorage, AK
We are leaving Wasilla around 8:00 am.. If anyone wants to ride with us we will be in the Petersville parking lot in a silver H3 towing an enclosed trailer.. Ski-doo Rev and 06 Crossfire.. or shoot me a pm. Should get up there around 9:30 or so..

Let us know how it is. We were planning to go upi next weekend.

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Let us know how it is. We were planning to go upi next weekend.

Will do and for anyone who might change their mind we are going to meet at Hatchers Pass Polaris around 9:30 tomorrow morning. We will be in a Chevy 1500 pulling an enclosed two place trailer.

Which might I add is for sale :D

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144426

I want this gone and I am willing to entertain offers ;)

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Plus you'll be stopping every 10 minutes to graba bite to eat, not that I have any experience with stuff....:rolleyes:;)

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
uhhhhhh..............

wait, what the hell was I going to say.....the hell were we talking about anyway....and where the fugami?

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Well, we went for a ride and the ash was no problem.. We had some major technical difficulties.. Such as Secondaries not opening, running into trees, carb boots coming off (That took about an hour and a half to fix with not having a long screw driver Thanks Skidoo) and last but not least.. an 800 Assault burning down. A Big THANKS to Polaris for a fine 800 engine!

I must say, thank God I was riding a cat since these sleds were Yami, Poo and Skidoo's. I did however ask these fellows that in the future to make sure they have at least one cat in the crew they ride with so they can make sure they get out on every ride. :D

Sorry guys, couldn't resist :D I did have a good time and if any of you and I mean any of you need a tow again just let me know:face-icon-small-hap

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
How was the snow?

nice post, lol. :D

Sorry about the Hockey, I was so caught up in the moment I forgot to post the snow report. :D

It was wet. They didn't get that much out by the road but we made it back to the hills (I think they were Peters Hills) We took a trail off the right of the road close to the parking lot. Went back to Kenny Creek then over to the Roadhouse. At the Roadhouse we took a right instead of crossing the bridge over the creek.

Anyways, we made it back to the hills and the snow looked good.. It was wet but they definitely got some decent snow. At that point we turned around due to problems with a sled. So, we didn't get to ride the area we were going to but the company was awesome and I still had a great time. You know, sometimes the guys you ride with are just as much fun to BS with as is it to ride.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Now Varmit, that is a scary thought. You, the mechanic of the group of four:confused: Sounds like you guys had fun anyway.:beer; Keep yours in one piece for Arcticman, You're going exploring hehehe.

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Now Varmit, that is a scary thought. You, the mechanic of the group of four:confused: Sounds like you guys had fun anyway.:beer; Keep yours in one piece for Arcticman, You're going exploring hehehe.

Nope not the mechanic.. I was the "runner" I ran back to the Roadhouse for a screwdriver and a cheeseburger :D

Premium Features