• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PC-V.. w/Auto Tune

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
Morning Guys..

So after hooking up the PC-V Last night.. Got thinking "never good"

How many people are Running the Auto Tune???

Is anyone running the SLP Map.. 5,000 Ft and Higher..

In Low Alt. Area's????

Any thoughts...

Hows the Auto Tune run on the new 800???

Last edited:

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
You'll probably find that there is room for improvement at lower altitudes and less need for improvement at altitude. At least that is what I observed on my RMK and one or two 800 Rush(s).

I seriously recommend the LCD for data acquisition and display. The Autotune (WB 2) is not as effective without knowing what the maps are doing to actual AFRs. Also, you won't be dependant on the "map du jour" like everyone was with the 08-10 800 guys with their new fueling toy.

I think I'm going to add an EGT to my setup this year as the stock temp sensor is pretty slow.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
oh gottcha! :) now i see what you meant. funny. yeah same goes for me...

so my question is how "good" of a map can you develop for yourself with just a wideband and watching your plugs and wash? with the lcd screen that is optional with the pv5 can you monitor and/or log the amount of det you are getting as one of the other 0-5 volt options?

pv

Reactions: NapaMatt
H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
I think if I put a PC-5 on my Pro, I'll seriously look into the Autotune. From what I understand and from my mechanic background, the Autotune is only going to fine tune from the installed map. I think it should be a great addition.

Reactions: NapaMatt

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
Pure..

Well just by looking at piston wash and plug reading, is great, But i think we can get these to run even better..

yes.. Tapping in to the Deto. Sensor.. to get a Value.. would be a nice reading to have..

But.. then we should have the Deto.. Reading from some stock sleds too.. Before getting Modded.. To see what it really is..

Last year ... With Just the Stock Setup.. Running the 91+ Deto ed.. When the Pipe was cold.. that's when it would happen.. So.. That was after a quick.. stop.. ... So after that.. Every Stop.. doesn't matter what it is.. These ECM.. Are only so fast.. We have to remember.. Is it kinda like turning on your Computer .. In the AM. Does it work After ONE SEC.. After you hit the power Button.. NO.. So.. That Said.. We still need to act like.. Old Carb Sleds.. in all.. Tuning, Warm up times.. We can still watch piston wash.. and plug reading.. but with the sensors we can tap in to.. should get better and better!!!

Excited for labtoP Tuning.. ..

This is right from Dyno jet.. about the LCD screen..

Looks like we can Log Data.. For Later Analysis... Got to buy a SD Card..extra.. But i would be buying a big one.. just for that..

Easy Removal, Mounting and Programmability
The unit can be removed easily from the bike and programmed with a desktop computer. Maps can be downloaded, stored and the data viewed with the supplied software. As new functions, screen and features become available the unit is “user upgradeable” using the supplied USB cable and free downloads available in this site under downloads and map downloads.
Connect LCD Unit to Wideband Commander (Power Commander III USB Only!)
The new LCD Unit can easily be connected to the Dynojet Wide Band Commander. via a Harness cable. This cable is a replacement for the standard LCD cable which enables the user to connect to a Wide Band Commander. With this cable connected the LCD is able to display actual air/fuel readings and any accessory input connected to the WBC.
Power Commander LCD Unit Features

Displays all Power Commander data "real-time"
Allows storage & swtiching between multiple maps
Data loggin capable (Requires SD Memory Card, must be purchased seperately)
"On Screen" map adjustments
User comfigurable screens
USB programmable & upgradable
Active Matrix TFT LCD 240x320 16 bit color screen

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Hey Matt,

I know you PM'd me this info a while back but maybe you can post it here since I can't locate the really old PM...

NAPA part number for the sensor for the auto-tune?

bung only?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
I've run a good wideband 02 on a 2 stroke (Innovate), and be prepared, they are finicky, 02 sensor is very dependent on location, oil fouling, and heat. A heat sink should be used for longevity and consistency in my opinion, also, especially if you are trying to get a tune. JMPE. And always check wash, given what I just typed. Then you know for sure that your baseline for auto tune is accurate. Fun to learn, not free.

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The LCD uses a 1Gb card only. It'll hold lots of data.
The LCD will create up to 35 data files, then poops out. Clean off the data files regularly.
You can store as many maps as you want on the card and load them into the PC V when you wish.
You need to get the "Display Manager" (free download) for downloading data off the card. I change the data rate to 1/10 second in order to see quick changing stuff.
Throw it into Excel and go crazy.
I suggest logging your TPS and RPM for a whole day in the hills. It'll be surprising how little WOT you will use compared to how much you think you are taping the throttle.
I don't think you can easily tap into DET stuff - you have a dash display that gives immediate feedback if you have issues.
I typically tap into the coolant temp sensor or the air temp sensor and the EGT sensor. Plus, the PC V monitors pulsewidth, % utilization of the injectors, and a bunch of other stuff.
Just make sure you do your tuning and data stuff before everyone else gets up - it's easy to burn an hour or two "playing" but you don't really need to tune on the fly. If you start having an issue, hit the "Record" button (not a button, just tap the LCD screen and hit the upper left box that comes up and you are recording.) Collect data and look at it later. You can also use a toggle switch to go between pre-loaded maps - switch to a zero map if issues come up and keep riding.

Anybody heard or seen SCarter lately?

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
The LCD uses a 1Gb card only. It'll hold lots of data.
The LCD will create up to 35 data files, then poops out. Clean off the data files regularly.
You can store as many maps as you want on the card and load them into the PC V when you wish.
You need to get the "Display Manager" (free download) for downloading data off the card. I change the data rate to 1/10 second in order to see quick changing stuff.
Throw it into Excel and go crazy.
I suggest logging your TPS and RPM for a whole day in the hills. It'll be surprising how little WOT you will use compared to how much you think you are taping the throttle.
I don't think you can easily tap into DET stuff - you have a dash display that gives immediate feedback if you have issues.
I typically tap into the coolant temp sensor or the air temp sensor and the EGT sensor. Plus, the PC V monitors pulsewidth, % utilization of the injectors, and a bunch of other stuff.
Just make sure you do your tuning and data stuff before everyone else gets up - it's easy to burn an hour or two "playing" but you don't really need to tune on the fly. If you start having an issue, hit the "Record" button (not a button, just tap the LCD screen and hit the upper left box that comes up and you are recording.) Collect data and look at it later. You can also use a toggle switch to go between pre-loaded maps - switch to a zero map if issues come up and keep riding.

Anybody heard or seen SCarter lately?

Thanks for the info on the LCD display setup. I noticed in my WPS book that it's available through them this year.

Mr. Carter is a really helpful guy...pretty smart too :D does he post here sometimes?

dustin pancheri

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
Steve has moved on from Dynojet. I still talk to him and he is doing well. He was my main contact for almost three years and became a good friend. We worked directly with him while co-developing a few products with Dynojet, one of which was the WBII. I am not as knowledgeable as he is but I have been playing with it for over two years and have a decent knowledge of it. I have been using it on my race sled (2004 F7 EXT improved stock drags) and on the multiple projects we have tunned at SLP.

I am happy to try and help answer any questions anybody may have concerning the Dynojet products as well as any other products we offer from SLP. For those who may be interested, I will be presenting a seminar at the Salt Lake and Boise snow shows about EFI tuning and will be using Dynojet products in many of my examples. I will be happy to answer any questions I can after the seminar.

Dustin

Reactions: IQRIDR and NapaMatt
Premium Features