• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Parting brand new 0 mile 2010 Standard RMK 800

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
Why are you parting out a brand new sled? Got a title? Mind sharing the vin? Just seems a bit odd to part out a perfectly good running 0 mile sled...

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Geezuz people. EVERY time I come on here to try to give deals to Snowesters.....done. I PART OUT SLEDS FOR A LIVING, ANYONE WHO PAYS ATTENTION KNOWS THIS. You think I went back in time to 2010, stole a couple of RMKs (in crates) and brought them to mid 2013 to pull something sneaky on SW? I am not sharing the VIN for this one, for the second one in the garage, for my 2013 XM that I am parting out, for the 2013 Freeride I am parting out, for the other 3 sleds in my garage that I am parting out, or for the three new Pros that I parted out this fall. I am also no longer selling on SW, everything can go to Ebay for full price.
Thanks.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Geezuz people. EVERY time I come on here to try to give deals to Snowesters.....done. I PART OUT SLEDS FOR A LIVING, ANYONE WHO PAYS ATTENTION KNOWS THIS. You think I went back in time to 2010, stole a couple of RMKs (in crates) and brought them to mid 2013 to pull something sneaky on SW? I am not sharing the VIN for this one, for the second one in the garage, for my 2013 XM that I am parting out, for the 2013 Freeride I am parting out, for the other 3 sleds in my garage that I am parting out, or for the three new Pros that I parted out this fall. I am also no longer selling on SW, everything can go to Ebay for full price.
Thanks.

I understand what you are saying, but in this day and age when there are so many theft rings and then a person is parting things out with little or no miles on them, you can't blame a person for asking a question or two, especially on a chassis with 0 miles.

Remember, not everyone on here knows you. There are more than 60k users on this forum.

I hope you reconsider and keep your threads active.

I don't think people are being harsh, just cautious. I hope you can understand it from the buyer point of view....

Buyer beware, right?

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Thank you Scott, and thanks to my previous customers/buds who have pm-ed me.
I want to apologize for my above post. It wasn't necessarily this one or anyone's response here that set me off, but a whole pile of them in a row that start the same way, customers who hassle me endlessly for no reason, asking the same things over and over, asking me why I am parting out a sled, how much for the whole thing, ignoring my answers, and people having me hold items while never paying, etc.
I make my living on Ebay, I occasionally post things here that may be specialized or of interest to SWers. If I can sell something here, avoid Ebay fees, make someone a great deal because of no fees, and make a friend in the process, I figure it is a win-win. Selling on Ebay is a slam-dunk, minimal drama, and much less work with more money, but I enjoy dealing with most of the folks I have met here along the way. I took offense to some of the above posts, and again, I apologize.
With my time spent here, number of posts (and I am not a post whore) and selling past on here, I figured there was no reason to think anyone should be suspicious of me for any reason. It was pointed out to me that there are a lot of new folks here, and something like 60K members, so that may not be the case.
So:
As I wrote, I do make my living on Ebay, I part sleds and other vehicles. I work 80+ hours a week and it does not pay well, but I do it because I have the freedom to go for a ride whever I want and I can watch my kids without having to pay for daycare. My wife is also self employed, and we value that freedom. I do not sell complete sleds for several reasons: Profit margin, possible reliability issues with sleds, wrecks, lack of warranty, or agreements with people I have purchased them from. I have a fantastic relationship with my local dealer (Mile High Powersports in McCall) and have several other sources for machines. Just like auto dealerships, when someone trades in say a $5000 Chevy towards a new Duramax, the trade-in goes straight to auction. Stuff like that is not worth reselling for a dealer, due to liability, return risk, machine condition, and other reasons. I also buy and part new machines. EVERY rig I buy has a receipt, MSO, and or title with it. Titles/MSOs go to whoever buys the chassis from me for the most part. (I still owe one guy a title, he knew ahead of time it would take a while to get it.) I also part out my personal sleds, mostly because it is very hard to sell vehicles in my area, and I know I can get my money out of them in parts.
I have an Idaho seller's permit also, and pay taxes, it is a legit business.
I believe the only thing that I am doing wrong is that I should probably be a higher level/paying SW member for as much selling as I do on here, I am sure a Mod will let me know on that.
Again, sorry for the post, sometimes with wife, kids, dog, misc drama, it takes one small thing to tip me over the edge.

Last edited:
M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
Fair enough, no offense ment toward you at all, just was curious.

So if i undstand correctly, and just to clear the waters, the person who buys the tunnel/bulkhead will recieve the title correct? This is actually a good deal, because i know of several builders around my area who build thier machines from scratch and dont have titles , therefore are having a hard time licencing their machines...and it is a big hastle to apply for a "homebuilt" title and deal with the people here to get that done...

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I hear ya man.

Maybe a really short disclaimer statement is in order at the beginning of a big part out thread to alleviate those silly questions you have to address each time.

Thank you Scott, and thanks to my previous customers/buds who have pm-ed me.
I want to apologize for my above post. It wasn't necessarily this one or anyone's response here that set me off, but a whole pile of them in a row that start the same way, customers who hassle me endlessly for no reason, asking the same things over and over, asking me why I am parting out a sled, how much for the whole thing, ignoring my answers, and people having me hold items while never paying, etc.
I make my living on Ebay, I occasionally post things here that may be specialized or of interest to SWers. If I can sell something here, avoid Ebay fees, make someone a great deal because of no fees, and make a friend in the process, I figure it is a win-win. Selling on Ebay is a slam-dunk, minimal drama, and much less work with more money, but I enjoy dealing with most of the folks I have met here along the way. I took offense to some of the above posts, and again, I apologize.
With my time spent here, number of posts (and I am not a post whore) and selling past on here, I figured there was no reason to think anyone should be suspicious of me for any reason. It was pointed out to me that there are a lot of new folks here, and something like 60K members, so that may not be the case.
So:
As I wrote, I do make my living on Ebay, I part sleds and other vehicles. I work 80+ hours a week and it does not pay well, but I do it because I have the freedom to go for a ride whever I want and I can watch my kids without having to pay for daycare. My wife is also self employed, and we value that freedom. I do not sell complete sleds for several reasons: Profit margin, possible reliability issues with sleds, wrecks, lack of warranty, or agreements with people I have purchased them from. I have a fantastic relationship with my local dealer (Mile High Powersports in McCall) and have several other sources for machines. Just like auto dealerships, when someone trades in say a $5000 Chevy towards a new Duramax, the trade-in goes straight to auction. Stuff like that is not worth reselling for a dealer, due to liability, return risk, machine condition, and other reasons. I also buy and part new machines. EVERY rig I buy has a receipt, MSO, and or title with it. Titles/MSOs go to whoever buys the chassis from me for the most part. (I still owe one guy a title, he knew ahead of time it would take a while to get it.) I also part out my personal sleds, mostly because it is very hard to sell vehicles in my area, and I know I can get my money out of them in parts.
I have an Idaho seller's permit also, and pay taxes, it is a legit business.
I believe the only thing that I am doing wrong is that I should probably be a higher level/paying SW member for as much selling as I do on here, I am sure a Mod will let me know on that.
Again, sorry for the post, sometimes with wife, kids, dog, misc drama, it takes one small thing to tip me over the edge.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Fair enough, no offense ment toward you at all, just was curious.

So if i undstand correctly, and just to clear the waters, the person who buys the tunnel/bulkhead will recieve the title correct? This is actually a good deal, because i know of several builders around my area who build thier machines from scratch and dont have titles , therefore are having a hard time licencing their machines...and it is a big hastle to apply for a "homebuilt" title and deal with the people here to get that done...

Yep, I have MSOs for both the new 2010 RMK sleds, title for an 09 RMK chassis, title for an 08 Summit chassis. My 09 Snopro I don't have any paperwoprk for, bought it from a racer, and there are a couple of older sleds here with no titles, but most chassis' go to the scrapper anyway, they are so hard to get rid of around here. And of course both my 2013 Skidoos I have clear title to.
Chris

S

SpokaneRMK

Oct 29, 2004
Spokane, WA
We picked up a brand new pro bulkhead and tunnel from Chris this past winter and everything he advertised was true and legit. I will definitely buy again from him.

Premium Features