• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PAR Ultimate Pro Combo

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
No such thing as crude measurements for squish.

Too high a compression ratio will lose more power than gain in a high reving 2 strk (7900 is high rpm in my book) in the real everyday world (meaning not dyno runs).

If someone could figure out how to change the EPA compliant timing curve on these liberty 800`s they would live longer, det less, burn less fuel if searching for max power, be easier to clutch because power and temp would be more consistant with less effect from elevation changes and simply make more power overall.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
No such thing as crude measurements for squish.
Too high a compression ratio will lose more power than gain in a high reving 2 strk (7900 is high rpm in my book) in the real everyday world (meaning not dyno runs).

If someone could figure out how to change the EPA compliant timing curve on these liberty 800`s they would live longer, det less, burn less fuel if searching for max power, be easier to clutch because power and temp would be more consistant with less effect from elevation changes and simply make more power overall.

You're probably right............

I blue-printed the rest of the clearances when I assembled it so I should've just taken the extra time to measure the squish instead of taking someone else's word for it...........:face-icon-small-dis

As for the timing, it looks like we might see that adjustabilty with the new Bully Dog programmer coming out in the Silber turbo kits...............Maybe there'll be offerings for N/A applications as well??? I guess the downside is that it won't likely be adjustable by the customer & we'll have to cough up for new "tunes" on each change we want to make???

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Timing control from a 500 dollar controller would be Great! 2000 for a vipec is rich for me. No turbo here.

Have run PAR head for two sesongs now witout Munch trouble. Det now and then bit it still seems like it is from revving up to fast. Can do lots of driving on off throttle, cruising, wfo etc. without issues.

12,5 head at sea-level on premium. 60/40 helix from Ftx and MDS weights. Running the 110-290 spring now and it engages low and helps creeping but will play more with 120-340 for better low end power.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
There has got to be someone on here savy enough to hack the stock ECU safegards and re-flash the desired perimeters? Anyone? I for one never see a dealer again after the purchase so I could care less about voiding the warranty or pissing off the greenies. If preferable, PM me for anonymity?

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
There has got to be someone on here savy enough to hack the stock ECU safegards and re-flash the desired perimeters? Anyone? I for one never see a dealer again after the purchase so I could care less about voiding the warranty or pissing off the greenies. If preferable, PM me for anonymity?

Agree 100%.
We need something like efi live for sleds.
So we can set up on our own for our own needs !

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Clutching Options

Hello folks,

Just to touch on my original issue of occasional detonation with the PAR Ultimate Pro Combo kit on the trail between 6700 to 7200 RPM under low load conditions, I'm planning on re-clutching to load the engine more.

Before I order parts I was curious on what clutching set-ups people are running with success, specifically helix & secondary spring combos? So far a 62/40 or 62/42 helix & stock spring(155/222) have been suggested.

Please state your machine set up, altitude, & rider weight as well - Track length, gearing if other than stock, engine mods. if other than PAR Ultimate Pro Combo, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Glen

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I think you will end up finding that the only sure fix will be having to add some higher octane to prevent DET. I played with a PAR 13.6 head at altitude for awhile and ended up taking it off for the shear reason of not wanting to have to mix fuel. Just for kicks have you set your TPS to spec?

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
I think you will end up finding that the only sure fix will be having to add some higher octane to prevent DET. I played with a PAR 13.6 head at altitude for awhile and ended up taking it off for the shear reason of not wanting to have to mix fuel. Just for kicks have you set your TPS to spec?

Yes, the TPS is calibrated properly & the PC5 is calibrated to the TPS - checked & double checked, multiple times.

If I have to resort to running AV or race fuel, the kit will be removed.

IMHO turbo power is the only upgrade worth the extra hassle of sourcing higher octane fuels.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
PAR Ultimate Pro Combo - Clutching Options???

Hello folks,

Just to touch on my original issue of occasional detonation with the PAR Ultimate Pro Combo kit on the trail between 6700 to 7200 RPM under low load conditions, I'm planning on re-clutching to load the engine more.

Before I order parts I was curious on what clutching set-ups people are running with success, specifically helix & secondary spring combos? So far a 62/40 or 62/42 helix & stock spring(155/222) have been suggested.

Please state your machine set up, altitude, & rider weight as well - Track length, gearing if other than stock, engine mods. if other than PAR Ultimate Pro Combo, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Glen

TTT

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
2 Things I would try....

1) With the PCV....add some fuel in the affected fuel range..

2) Install a non-metallic washer between DET sensor and head. Sometimes a nice bead of silicon or a cardboard washer will work. If you're not actually rattling the motor at 6,700-7,200 (inspection of pistons confirm), then it may very well be harmoincs and the relationship of the DET sensor and the material used to machine the head being more sensitive. The non-metallic washer can help supress or filter these harmonics.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
2 Things I would try....

1) With the PCV....add some fuel in the affected fuel range..

2) Install a non-metallic washer between DET sensor and head. Sometimes a nice bead of silicon or a cardboard washer will work. If you're not actually rattling the motor at 6,700-7,200 (inspection of pistons confirm), then it may very well be harmoincs and the relationship of the DET sensor and the material used to machine the head being more sensitive. The non-metallic washer can help supress or filter these harmonics.

Dave,

I had originally intended to add more fuel in the affected range but I'd received many suggestions to load the engine more with clutching to start with & considering that my clutching is out & could use attention anyway I'd like to address that first.

The pistons only have 400 miles on them & had 0.0048" clearance when installed. I also confirmed that there are no exhaust components rubbing on the frame & all springs have been siliconed.

With regard to the det. sensor mod., is there any concern with those changes affecting the sensor's ability to do it's job?

Thanks for your input,

Glen

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
PAR Ultimate Pro(or similar) - Clutching Combos

Good morning,

Bringing this to the top again for exposure.

Just wondering what clutching combos people are successfully running with the PAR Ultimate Pro or SLP Stage 3 kits?

The clutching provided with the PAR kit leaves a bit to be desired & I've got some detonation issues happening while cruising down the trail under low load conditions.

I'm particularly interested in the secondary set-up(helix & spring).

TIA,

Glen

Premium Features