• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oxygen & Octane Expo

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
Jen, it would be smart to make a reservation for a dinner somewhere, especially with a large group like our is shaping up to be... I would like to dine with you, count 2 people. See ya tomorrow!

I think we are just going to wander over to Humpy's for dinner when we are done ~ some people may want to hang around the show longer than others and I'd hate to force anyone to stop acquiring sled shwag just for food :rolleyes: (haha ~ I'll probably be "that guy" anyway)

:beer; :beer; We'll be sure to hog tables/chairs for others to pop in and join us too :p but yes you two are counted :) see ya tomorrow night!!

S
Oct 14, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Expo!

I know my crew is excited. We are gonna go around 5. Hopfully not spend too much money. Then head home and grill and party the night away. Any snowesters that are interested in partaking in the libations and sled **** after the show txt me. 301-8074

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Did anyone find any deals at the show or new products you couldn't live without?

I found some new quarter turn locks for Super-Clamps on my Aluma trailer at the White Spruce Trailer booth. They can also be used as tie down points anywhere along the track for my ATV's. Pretty cool finding a new product that I didn't know I needed...LOL.

Heading back today to see if there are any end of show deals!

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Didn't buy any sled gear but got some smoking deals on some sled wear. Also stopped and talked with Phil at the Backcountry Kings booth, bought a couple of t-shirts and got some more stickers for the sled.

A

Adrenalin

Nov 2, 2008
Los Anchorage, AK
why does it seem that the 2 shows were just a place for most of the dealers to meet up and try to sell all the left overs / products that dont move on the shelfs at their shops ?

wasnt really impressed , did get to talk to a few peeps i hadnt seen in a while.

team CC did have a new suspension they created but seemed like to many parts for my taste that and i already bought toms rear evolution air suspension

not sure about anyone else but ide like to see more aftermarket / mods at these shows rather then last years left overs

I
Sep 26, 2009
Anchorage, Alaska
I was amazed how dead it was on Sunday. I did buy new coats for my son & I from 6th Ave Outfitters, BS's with Howie about the new A-Man setup, and joined the Anchorage Snowmachine Club. All in all I thought it was sad that so few people were there and so little new stuff.

Oh well, at least I'm busy enough I don't have to set up a booth at these things to beg for new patients like some of the other Chiropractors in town.

The Winter Rec show was great help in confirming that I would not be buying a sled from Marita, ever. I was hoping they would be at this show too so I could tell them I bought a new sled from HP Polaris because Marita's practice of marking stuff up over retail then giving you a discount off the inflated price pisses me off. It's just plain unethical, just like telling me the list price on Polaris's site and even the factory promo material they had "doesn't count in Alaska". Staments like that are lies, period. Not going to do business with someone who deliberately lies to my face and expects me to be ignorant enough to just buy it.

Rant over.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
I noticed also that it wa dead on Sunday, though we got there about 10:30 which was fairly early. I thought the show was ok but could have been better. Lots of good deals on clothing and gear, not so much on sleds. Not sure if anyone knows about this but if you ride a Skidoo sled and have some empty BRP 1 gallon oil containers you can take them to AM&DS and get them filled cheap, wish I would have brought mine with me but I didn't know about this until we got there.

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
I too thought both shows were kinda lame. somewhat disappointing. Last years Oxygen show was better! They're still fun to go to and walk around and stuff.

I couldnt find the new or any KLIM gear so I went to AMDS on my way home and got my gear their.

:D

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
I was amazed how dead it was on Sunday. I did buy new coats for my son & I from 6th Ave Outfitters, BS's with Howie about the new A-Man setup, and joined the Anchorage Snowmachine Club. All in all I thought it was sad that so few people were there and so little new stuff.

Oh well, at least I'm busy enough I don't have to set up a booth at these things to beg for new patients like some of the other Chiropractors in town.

The Winter Rec show was great help in confirming that I would not be buying a sled from Marita, ever. I was hoping they would be at this show too so I could tell them I bought a new sled from HP Polaris because Marita's practice of marking stuff up over retail then giving you a discount off the inflated price pisses me off. It's just plain unethical, just like telling me the list price on Polaris's site and even the factory promo material they had "doesn't count in Alaska". Staments like that are lies, period. Not going to do business with someone who deliberately lies to my face and expects me to be ignorant enough to just buy it.

Rant over.

I found a couple of good deals at the White Spruce Trailer booth and went that route since the lead time & price from Marita were to long & too high..

The sales & service crew at Hatcher Pass Polaris have both worked with me on purchases and repairs. Highly recommend from my experince..

akrevrider

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
Marita. will not step foot in there. complete d-bags. total joke. now let me tell you how really feel...

pv

Premium Features