• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OVS turbo kits.....

What's the distance you can ride with the propane? Has it limited any of your rides?

In response to the last two posts: The tanks have two fill gauges or "bleeders". One is about 60% and the other is 80% I believe. I experimented on the 60% one and ran her totally dry at 58 miles of hard riding. There is also a sight glass on each tank so you always know the approximate fuel level. As far as a normal fill up I usually get in the trailer myself to run the bleeders and the shut off valve on the hose. Then just as the 80% bleeder goes, I close it and then go a little bit more and end up at 90% or more. There are pressure reliefs on both tanks. I have filled the sled up cold then put it in my warm shop overnight without any pressure blows. When the tank is this full, I can go every bit as far as anyone else, but I honestly haven't been when somebody else actually ran out. BTW, the one time I did run out, it ran it completely DRY. There was just a tiny spit from the bleeders the next morning after it sat all night warm. As far as the proclimb kit goes, there isn't one yet. I talked to Garr about it a few months ago, and he said not a lot of folks really got into the propane kits on the M-series, so he hasn't been too keen to devote a bunch of time to the pro climb. He told me I was on my own. In all honesty, I think if anybody rode one of these kits they'd fall in love. It runs smoother, every bit as hard, is easier to tune, and waaaay cheaper to run. I may look into sticking the thing on my proclimb, but I really don't have a lot of spare time.

Well if a guy was serious about switching over to a propane kit,
What would the cost of the conversion be? And it would only be making up your own seat and bottle mounting brackets would it not?

The seat would be an issue, as well as plumbing around the frame arms of the new chassis. There is also a big "carburetor" which sits where the stock air box is on an m. I've been losing sleep trying to decide whether to fit the system onto my proclimb, big bore the proclimb, or sell my 09 (which has the potential of killing me) to get another proclimb to play with. I just don't know if I could stand to part with my turbo, but I haven't rode it since I got on this new chassis. It is so much more fun to ride......

That was my problem as well. As soon as I made the switch I don't want to ride the old chassis any more. The seat will be a large problem for the conversion. As well trying to fit the converter and carb under the new hood. There just doesn't seem to be the space under there. The propane sure ran great was trouble free and dead easy to tune. Oh yeah it was cheap to ride as well

The seat would be an issue, as well as plumbing around the frame arms of the new chassis. There is also a big "carburetor" which sits where the stock air box is on an m. I've been losing sleep trying to decide whether to fit the system onto my proclimb, big bore the proclimb, or sell my 09 (which has the potential of killing me) to get another proclimb to play with. I just don't know if I could stand to part with my turbo, but I haven't rode it since I got on this new chassis. It is so much more fun to ride......

I see OVS uses the new comp oil less turbos now on their site. Anybody try that setup? I've only seen one comp turbo in person it was on a XP Etec. It had only a couple rides on it and seized solid. Hopefully it was just a crappy bearing pack because they sure hype themselves up lol. From what I can tell they are oil less, but just use sealed bearings with grease inside. Sounds like Doo crank bearings ;)

I still have oil, but been around their comp setup. It runs great. I understand OVS worked with comp on a lot of configurations before coming to the one that they like. It works like the HTA modded turbos that really run well. I don't think you would be dissapointed at all and the 100 dollar service/guaranty every year seems like cheap insurance.

Give OVS a call and see what they can do for you.

Well I rode the sled today and all I have to say is I made the right choice on the ovs set up. It ran flawless all day at 13# and only had to make one little adjustment on the box first thing and didn't touch it the rest of the day. Thing flat out rips!

OVS Turbo/Proclimb

Sounds like OVS has a great kit but I'm looking for some more info.
I am going to start a summer project on my 13 pro climb 162" and trying to decide on turbos. I am coming off a 2011 pro rmk with boondocker turbo that ran flawless at 9 PSI. I rode a Proclimb and was hooked.

Does anyone have install instructions and such like boondocker has on their kits, I just like to see what the install entails and any other info would be appreciated

I'd be looking for intercooler, Tial type setup.

Thanks

I would call travis or Garr and just talk to them. They will get you exactly what you want. They are very helpful. The kit I installed on a 09 came with good instructions, and with the ovs guys a phone call away, the install went really good. They answered the phone whenever I called. Friday night to late Sunday night I prolly called them at least 10 times. The picked up every time and encouraged me to call whenever if I had any questions. I would look no further then OVS. And if you call talk to them I'm sure you will feel the same.

CPC 2 on my 12 proclimb for two seasons now. Changed reeds at start of season. And never took the hood off once this year. Lotsa snow working it hard in Revy this year too. Instructions are awesome on the site. Did own install no problem.

So I wanted to get some real testing done on my ovs stage 2 oilless comp tial kit. I have tried to set this kit to run 10-12 psi on straight av gas. I have run it from 1600 to 10100 ft . And I am now confident in saying I love my kit. It was a long break in with this oilless turbo, things were constantly changing so I chased the box a lot in the first hundred miles but once I got to the point where you could hear the turbo spin for about 10 seconds after the engine is shut down, the box ended up almost exactly where gar told me to set it, and hasn't changed since. The tial kit is awesome!!! People this is the only way to go I am still in awe over how snappy my bottom end is off then back on throttle is right there and you actually have to try to notice turbo lag. So worth the little extra cash. Best working turbo kit I have ever rode Gar and travis are the real deal ovs all the way

I still have oil, but been around their comp setup. It runs great. I understand OVS worked with comp on a lot of configurations before coming to the one that they like. It works like the HTA modded turbos that really run well. I don't think you would be dissapointed at all and the 100 dollar service/guaranty every year seems like cheap insurance.

Give OVS a call and see what they can do for you.

Looking at going OVS on my 2014 proclimb, just not sure about the new turbo. They say you have to take it off every year and send it in for a bearing re-pack and inspection...$100.00 plus shipping...and the company will continue to guarntee the turbo. I like the idea of less weight due to no extra turbo oil hardware but.....not sure I'm sold on the turbo, yet. :face-icon-small-dis

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back