• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Our Experience at Lava Mountain Lodge

J

jbrow

Jul 17, 2009
Myself and two other riders stayed at Lava Mountain Lodge Jan 8 - 15. I can't say enough about the staff and the care they took of us. Everyone is extremely friendly, and great to hang out with after a long days ride.

Unfortunately, many of the sleds in our group broke down multiple times, so we cut our trip short. We would have never made it past the first few days, however, without the staff of LML being there for us, helping us contact dealers for parts, and offering their heated shop with their staffed mechanic to aid with repairs. This is not something we ever expected, but certainly appreciated. The food is also excellent.

As many are concerned with snow levels, it is important to mention that there are 3 ways to leave LML to get to the trails; two by highway (about 2-3miles of hwy) and 1 by a trail that leaves directly from their parking lot. Due to the low snow conditions of this year, the trail became almost impassably, however the short highway rides remained fine even after many trips back and forth.

LML doesn't offer guides or rentals, but if you need either of the above, I highly recommend Joe of Brooks Lake Lodge. Despite the light snow conditions, he found us multiple feet of powder all day, and was very inexpensive. Make sure you tip him well! ;)

Thanks to everyone that helped make our trip extremely enjoyable!
Justin, Scott & Jarred.

Premium Features