• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oops! Bumper down!

jonathanlo

Lifetime Membership
Well. I did this last week. Was going up a hill and went to turn out and dig the track in to look for a way out. Snow was a little wet and I got a little more traction than I wanted and lost my balance. Sled ghost rode down the hill about 200 feet before finding a tree. Good news is it's just the bumper. Luckily, it didn't hit 3-4" to the right or it probably would have taken off the ski/a-arm.

IMG_0896.JPGIMG_0899.JPGIMG_0897.JPGIMG_0901.JPG

Very lucky not more damage!
Affirmative on the tether. Always, always, ALWAYS use a tether!

Side note to tether admonishing, and unfortunate damage, I really dig that colour combo, great looking sled OP !

Replace your bumper with a B&M. It moves trees. Ok, it was a dead tree, but I knocked it over with my B&M Fab bumper.
5c622a29aeeed791a4284068764ad815.jpg

He has a tether hanging from his jacket hiding in the orange on his leg.

Yep! I always tether up. I ended up going with the same bumper. It was only $160. I looked at the B&M, but decided with what I had. Luckily it didn't do any more damage. If my math adds up right, it's costs me $15 per mile to ride. Every time I go out, I manage to break something. Hopefully next season will go better.

Yep! I always tether up. I ended up going with the same bumper. It was only $160. I looked at the B&M, but decided with what I had. Luckily it didn't do any more damage. If my math adds up right, it's costs me $15 per mile to ride. Every time I go out, I manage to break something. Hopefully next season will go better.

Ha
I wish I could get away with riding that cheaply.

Definitely makes me feel better having the same bumper, nice to know they can take a good hit and protect the vital stuff.
I thought polaris discontinued these bumpers though?

I'll second the B&M Bumper, I've had them on the last three sleds, there great!!

Definitely makes me feel better having the same bumper, nice to know they can take a good hit and protect the vital stuff.
I thought polaris discontinued these bumpers though?

They did. The shop happened to have one more in orange so I lucked out!

Premium Features

Back