• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Old style Cat roller secondary used on a sled with Polaris PERC reverse?

T
Nov 26, 2007
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134786&highlight=hyper

BANG!!! And there it is!

MN660 was (or maybe still is) selling a Hyper-Lite with the "reverse tabs" on the cam. If he has this clutch still you could maybe get ahold of these tabs and have a machine shop copy them. That would be a hot little niche ticket on SW to sell. Pic 3 in his thread has a good pic of them. (I don't even know if or how they work lookin at em, must catch the post or something)

T
Nov 26, 2007
Yeah, at second glance these things just bolt on with the bolt holes already on the cam, just need longer bolts. I remember this "development" when RER and PERC came out it was a scramble for this retrofit. I know (and can find) the guy who originally built the PEM HyperLite and see if he still has the CAD drawings and see if he could crank some out or give up the drawings so I could have some done.

westsledin

Lifetime Membership
Nov 23, 2008
AC roller w/perc - need helix

I have an '03 AC roller. I just purchased the Perc kit for my RMK.

Does anyone know where to get a helix that will work?

Thanks,

Rich

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'm gonna take mine over to Fabcraft and see if Mike or Steve can make me some tabs for it.

westsledin

Lifetime Membership
Nov 23, 2008
I also have a local (former AC dealer) researching this as well.

He is currently building helix kits for the newer CATS, as everyone is switching to reverse setups.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
I'm in.

I'd like to get one too. If anybody comes up with anything, please send me a PM. Thanks

T
Nov 26, 2007
Sorry, I forgot all about this thread. Like I said in the earlier post a person could just copy the old PEM tabs. But, I might be able to get ahold of the original person that made them but it may not go over too well. If someone would just locate a set of original tabs they would be super easy to copy.

fantom

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Maybe try a modified Hi Tech Encapsulated Roller setup for the AC clutch

Hi Tech used to make an Encapsulated Roller kit for the AC secondary. It could be as simple as machining a flat spot on the backside ramp to eliminate the roller wanting to shift when the sled is in reverse.

fantom

T
Nov 28, 2007
MinneNoSnowta
I worked for PEM at the time of the reverse tabs were developed. The helixes and covers were both modified as well as the tabs added. I have a complete Hyperlight here and may even have the knowledge of where one is for a 03 escape

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Any new info on anyone making reverse tabs for these Cat clutches?

attachment.php

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Out of all the cats Ive had only the Tcat had reverse, mech. But the helix was just same old same old, how fast do you want to go in reverse ???.. you back up at 2mph ??? Maybe Im not getting it. do the rollers want to come off the top tips of the helix ?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'm just worried about actually getting moving to begin with. I had to go with a lighter spring and now reverse doesn't work. Too soft of spring. Need reverse tabs.

Premium Features