• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OFT Racing Plug and Play Tether

Creek Chub

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Blackduck, Minnesota
Received mine last week. Installed today don't know what happened but the install directions were off a bit on the tools which said the hex head screws for the mounting block are 9/64 hex head. They were not 9/64. Best I could figure is that they are 3.5mm. Anyone else run into this? Other than that easy install. :doh: The only reason I brought it up is I don't have a 3.5mm hex. Improvised with 1/8 hex:mmph:

R

ripalip2

Jan 23, 2008
everett wa.
hey guys what color are the wires on your chassis that the tether is plugging into?, trying to get mine hooked up on my 08 IQ, dealer said two black and two brown but i cant find the plug, thanks

Creek Chub

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Blackduck, Minnesota
hey guys what color are the wires on your chassis that the tether is plugging into?, trying to get mine hooked up on my 08 IQ, dealer said two black and two brown but i cant find the plug, thanks

I'm not sure on the 08 IQ. But the 2012 wiring diagram shows. 2 black wires and 2 blue/black wires to the tether connector. Hope this helps.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Usually they are fairly close the the key switch, if you follow the wires from that you should come across it. Small square, usually black, connector with the two black and two brown wires to it. Plug your tether in and your done.

Sorry I'm not more help, I missed the IQ generation due to an ugly divorce.

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
I have a 2014 Pro RMK 800....where is the tether plug on it?
Thanks!

Take off the hood and look for the black nylon and Velcro pouch right at the steering column. It's a black two pin connector located within the pouch.

If you can't locate it, I'll post some pictures.

C
Sep 11, 2011
Does anyone know what size fasteners the Proarmor tether comes with?

Want to mount mine to my riser block but need longer cap screws

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Pro Armor does not offer a replacement tether, it's something we've battled for years. I have a good solution for replacements that should be ordered today and I will update here as well as the site as soon as I have them on there way. I have looked into doing billet ones but have had good success with the stock ones that a $15 replacement is a better value.

TTT.

Did these ever become available?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Hmmm, that pic does not look like the Pro Armour tether clip to me.

Sent them an email to verify.

Last edited:

arhcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2009
northeast MT
A must-have for the backcountry!

I just ordered a tether for my '14 Pro RMK. I have had tethers on other sleds, and they have saved my bacon once or twice. I have had to chase down a buddies sled with a stuck throttle, and later watched another's sled go flying by. I was stuck and couldn't help him, but the trees stepped in and did! So, buy a tether, use it, it may save your sled! :face-icon-small-hap

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
On these Pro Armour tethers make sure you don't put a zip tie too close to the switch body. The wire needs some slack otherwise the switch will not close when the clip is pulled and your engine will keep running. This is more of a problem in very cold weather when the wire is really stiff.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Hmmm, that pic does not look like the Pro Armour tether clip to me.

Sent them an email to verify.

Here is the reply that I got from Rick at OFT Racing:

The replacement clips are actually from pro design as we cannot get them from Pro Armor direct. But the pro design works as a direct replacement.

Thank you,
Rick Coffman
OFT Racing

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Here is the reply that I got from Rick at OFT Racing:

The replacement clips are actually from pro design as we cannot get them from Pro Armor direct. But the pro design works as a direct replacement.

Thank you,
Rick Coffman
OFT Racing

I can back that up because the clip off my junk pro design works on my pro armor.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
has anybody had a problem with the pro armor plunger getting frozen and sticking open when the clip is pulled? i have heard they do. truth or rumor?

thanks

Always war

Lifetime Membership
Nov 9, 2012
Utah
has anybody had a problem with the pro armor plunger getting frozen and sticking open when the clip is pulled? i have heard they do. truth or rumor?

thanks

Truth. Mine never works, cold or warm days. I've got plenty of slack in the wire to allow plunger to move, but it's just to stiff. Tried exercising it a couple different times, but still just doesn't work like it should. Maybe I got a lemon, but I can not recommend this tether.

Premium Features