• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Official UP Riding Thread 09-10

doodah

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Fremont Wisconsin
I figure i would kick off a michigan riding thread for the year. How is the riding where you are? Post up some pics of your rides for us to drool over!

H
Nov 9, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
It was around Twin Lakes. Saturday we parked in Greenland and were like this sucks. Then we started heading north and things started to get deep. It probably snowed at least a foot from Saturday to Sunday. I had an Orange X fire 600 last year.

doodah

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Fremont Wisconsin
We rode today conditions in the morning was absolutley perfect!! our group broke most of the lines open this morning. by the end of the day it was junk, they need cold and alot of snow to fix the heavy traffic from today!

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
lookin for a guide for some boondocking sometime after the 1st of the yr. Be two of us both with mnt sleds for a few days during the week. No real interest in trail riding. Anyone interested? I need to do some tuning but need to put some stress on the sled to do so. Deep snow, boondocking etc....

T
Jul 29, 2008
How are the conditions going to be for some boondocking this monday and tuesday in the Houghton area? (21st-22nd) Is it worth it to make a trip from central MN?

S
From right before Christmas near Mass City and Rockland. Snow was pretty minimal...fluffy...no base. One local said there's no frost and it's melting from the bottom up which makes sense as there is water under everything! I'm in the orange jacket and the other two guys are new riders which limited where I went. So we stayed on the easy to get to and not very technical stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0DAtgUd86I

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v60/squidward731/Snowmobile/Rides/2009-12-22 Mass City/

S
Squid I believe I seen you guys driving though town in Mass. Guys kinda stopped in front of my house, trailering 3 or 4. Some wicked sleds you got, thats for sure.

That would have been us. I do remember seeing someone messing with a ProX outside...and I see you have one listed in your sig. I'm interested in buying that house across the street from you. PM me if you know anything about it. I'm coming back I think on Monday for a few days....you game on for some riding?

doodah

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Fremont Wisconsin
Was suppose to...turns out my buddies vag's were bleeding massive amounts of sand instead. On my trip across Wi tomorrow it's only a 2.5 hour detour for me to be in Mass City....I've got my sled and gear along too :eek:

i know what i would be doing if i were you! :rolleyes:

Premium Features