• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro steering post relocation

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Well, now that it is sort of winter, and you guys have a few miles on with yer relocators...

WHAD'YA THINK!!!???!!!
:confused::D:D:confused:

The best thing since sliced bread?​

Just wishing i would have done it earlier. Was needing to get risers but i think haveing just the relocator made a huge difference and will probably not get any risers. Plus the turning seems so much smoother now. I think i actually gained 5-8hp as well.

Z

zsnowshredder

Nov 30, 2007
Mancos, CO
Does your steering relocation post make the sled easier to pull over. Ever since I installed my 162 track on my MTX, it seems like my sled it harder to pull over.

I tried risers and didn't like them (took them off)

How does your product change the handling of the sled?

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Does your steering relocation post make the sled easier to pull over. Ever since I installed my 162 track on my MTX, it seems like my sled it harder to pull over.

I tried risers and didn't like them (took them off)

How does your product change the handling of the sled?

Pretty much what Shermanator said. The relocator moves the top of the steering post forward over the top of the motor. This moves the leverage point more to the center of gravity ( front to back ) of the Nytro. It does raise the bars as well as move them forward. It also "flattens" out the sweep of the handlebars when turning the bars from side to side. Honestly, it just feels more natural.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Scott

dejoli

Lifetime Membership
Aug 13, 2009
MN - Twin Cities
First Ride with the relocator

I just got a stock 09 MTX this fall and was putting on some initial miles breaking it in bone stock. A buddy of mine came over with his 08 MTX with a few mods including the relocator on it and let me ride it for a few miles to see what I thought.

I had mine installed within the week including their inside the rails two wheel kit and upper wheels as well. Rode the past few days with it for the first time and it is a different sled. I'm 6'2" and don't feel hunched over at all now and see no need for a different riser. Getting the sled to carve now is almost effortless.

Amazing the difference a small part can make to the overall feel/handling of this sled.

Best way my buddy described it as he rode mine stock compared to his with the relocator is that it felt as though he was pushing a wheelbarrow when he was riding mine vs. a properly positioned bar.

Great work guys!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So...
There I was at my friendly neighborhood Yamaha dealer taking in my 09 Nytro for a recall issue on the "A" Arm.

And there was a lovely new 2010 Nytro SE with a fresh MCX turbo on it. (Its a beautiful thing!)

So I climbed onto the seat and INSTANTLY noticed a HUGE difference in this sled from my SE.

Low and behold he had just installed one of the Steering Post Relocator Kits.

While I had read this thread and seen the pictures, NONE of it does justice to HOW DIFFERENT it feels to sit on that sled and hold the handle bars after the kit has been installed! Its like being on a whole different sled.

Needless to say, I contacted the fine guys at OFT and placed an order for mine! Can't wait to see the difference out on the snow!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Uh oh! The moderator is modding :D

If you liked it in the dealer showroom, just wait, the Relocator will give you much better control on the Nytro in all forms of riding.

Picture704Medium.jpg

Picture855Medium.jpg

I borrowed a few pictures that MTDream took of us out in Bozeman this past weekend. I don't want to infringe on any copyright laws or anything :)

:beer;
scmurs

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR

If you liked it in the dealer showroom, just wait, the Relocator will give you much better control on the Nytro in all forms of riding

:beer;
scmurs

Puts the steering where it should have been from day one. Factory position sucks!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

If you liked it in the dealer showroom, just wait, the Relocator will give you much better control on the Nytro in all forms of riding.

scmurs
While I swore I was NOT going to touch this sled this season, the reality of the situation has conspired against me. The Nytro just begs to be modded!!

The OFT Racing Relocator Kit is going to be one of the very first mods to my new sled.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
While I swore I was NOT going to touch this sled this season, the reality of the situation has conspired against me. The Nytro just begs to be modded!!

The OFT Racing Relocator Kit is going to be one of the very first mods to my new sled.

I agree, but you might want to consider one of these as well after you crawl under your sled and check out how well Yamaha has protected the bottom of your engine and the front heat exchanger.

Proto 6H.jpg Skidplate Blk.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I agree, but you might want to consider one of these as well after you crawl under your sled and check out how well Yamaha has protected the bottom of your engine and the front heat exchanger.

IT NEVER ENDS, DOES IT????? :D
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Z

zsnowshredder

Nov 30, 2007
Mancos, CO
I put the 162 on mine and the sled is a piece of cake to turn over, easier to hang on when side hilling and just an better riding position all around! Sherm

So you put on the 162, it was harder to pull over and then you put on the relocater and it was easier to pull over? Or yours was just easy to pull when you put on the 162.

I let my buddy (coming of his m8) ride it and his 1st comment was. "man you work hard to ride that thing"

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
While I have NOT yet installed the steering post relocator kit, I DO think that my "Nytro SE" is hard to steer. I think it takes a lot more work to turn hard at speed than I was expecting.

My hope is that this kit will reduce that.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Premium Features