• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nytro Skid Plates

Skid plate arrived last week, and I put it on over the weekend. It is great to receive a part that looks so good and fits perfectly, right out of the box. Excellent job Roest!

These skid plates are great. Way more rigid than i thought it would be. Peter, just for interest sake, how may nytro plates have you sold??

Probably around 200. There are still alot of Nytros out there with that crappy piece of plastic to "protect" their heat exchanger and engine sump.

mounting

i ordered one last weekend got it friday went to install it and did not send me flat bar mounting bracket for an 08. Is this something i needed to order or what? If it was there should have been somewhere on website that mention this part but from what i have seen there is not!

You're right. Website needs a tweak. Hardly anyone has an 08 with the original subframe anymore. I usually ask. Fresh batch of skid plates in stock and ready to ship.

Roest when will you have one in red?

I can sell you a bare one and you can get it powdercoated in your favorite shade of red. 99.9% of people want black so I haven't done colors, other than a few blue ones.

Last edited:
I just wanted to say these plates are really worth it. I really think that it saved my front cooler at the very least. I had a pretty good gouge into the plate that I noticed when I had it up on it's side. Constech was there with me and we were both pretty surprised and kind of wondering what I would have run over to make it do that. I am not sure how a plastic plate would have held up but I know the stock one would have gotten killed by whatever I hit.

Good Product!

I just wanted to say these plates are really worth it. I really think that it saved my front cooler at the very least. I had a pretty good gouge into the plate that I noticed when I had it up on it's side. Constech was there with me and we were both pretty surprised and kind of wondering what I would have run over to make it do that. I am not sure how a plastic plate would have held up but I know the stock one would have gotten killed by whatever I hit.

Good Product!

Got a pic? The front heat exchanger edge was one of the things that I wanted the skid plate protecting. With the OEM design it is quite easy to hook the edge of the exchanger and peel it back.

Premium Features

Back