• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Not sold on XP over 07 Rev....

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
everybody must be talking about riding in hard snow.
lean uphill and gas it.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
I have heard that installing a two wheel kit helps with side hilling. I think I'd try that before going to the expense of a 15" track--that's part of my 09/10 plan as well as ditching the Simmons.BCB

Bob, we have a 2 wheel kit on all our sleds, I consider this a must doo mod for Rev's & XP's.
You can do this rather cheap by just contacting ICEAGE manufacturing and buy their axle and then use 2 of your 3 stock rear wheels (8").

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Thanks Slim--two wheels are in the plan. Are the Slydogs as flexible as the Simmons? I know they are lighter and are cool looking,

Thanks, BCB

Without a doubt, more flexible.

Simmons are exceptional Trail SKi's. But they are not my favorite for off-trail riding, IMHO, stock are a better choice for 'All -around" ski perfomance, with SLYDOGS being the best for my needs, (mostly boondocking / powder mountain riding with a little trail thrown in). Now this may sound funny, but I find the SLYDOG trail ski's to be my perfect ski, they help on the trail handling (which I dont really care about) are lighter than the SLYDOG powerhounds, and are still exceptional in the Pow, which is what I care about. They are lighter, and give me boondocking /powder performance while still giving me acceptable trail handling, not as good as Simmons trail manners, but without the "heavy" forcefull handling of the Simmons "offtrail".

All 3 of our DOO's run on SLYDOGS, as doo several of my riding partners, young riders who do not have much $$ to spend on mods, and they LOVE their SLYDOGS.

Last edited:
Premium Features