• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NOS Bottle install location ?

C
Oct 29, 2008
Where are you guys who run NOS Installing The bottle?
Directions say in front of the muffler. I have a 2.5lb bottle and its way too big, they told me they reccommend either a 1.5lb bottle or their lightweight muffler.
I am running full SLP system so the muffler is staying.
And the diameter Difference between both bottles is only 2.5cm so I don't think that will fit either.
Anyone have any help on this?

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Full NOS brand name system?

I bought a full wet NOS system back in the day. Never really used all the parts. I still have MOST all of it (no bottle).
Let me know if you want any parts.

Make sure the blue NOS bottle is upside down in the bottle bracket.

Make sure it's warm. You won't get the best bottle pressure if you don't warm it. Have a NOS bottle pressure gauge.

Near the muffler is the right idea. I know people have taken a hand-warmer and put it on the bottle with it wired into the hand-warmer switch. NOS does make a bottle warmer wrap for it too.

I mounted my bottle on the underhood side of the footwell, right near the brake rotor and chaincase on my old GenII sled back in the day.

C
Oct 29, 2008
Hey Scott, it's the Holtzman Kit. I bought it originally for my IQ chassis but I sold that's sled. The 2.5lb bottle would fit in the belly pan ckutch side on the IQ chassis.
I don't see how even a 1.5 would for with the stock Muffler and a full SLP pipe. Just no room there.

C
Oct 29, 2008
Thanks Jaynelson, that pic is actually where I was just holding my bottle up to.
Just gotta find some clamps like those.
Looks like he has 2 bottles?? One up under the right handle bar and another in front of the muffler.
I wanted it done for this weekend but I don't think I'll have time.
Next winter I guess!

C
Oct 29, 2008
Just trying to see what he tied off to. There's nothing there above the coolant bottle, no braces or anything.
He must have made some angle braces out of aluminum!

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
If you can find a carbon fiber bottle they are smaller size for the same amount of capacity. "Back in the day" I ran a 3lb carbon fiber bottle on my boondocker kit. Eric

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
12v Diesel fuel filter heater with an elastic velcro strap work well for bottle warmer, too.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I *believe* the 2nd bottle in that pic is a little race gas tank that gets injected with the nitrous on that particular kit. I haven't had such a system, and only remember because I read up a bit on it last year cause it sounded interesting. Indy Dan sells the setup IF I recall correctly.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
We make the mounts for the belt drive sleds to hold that 5 pound bottle. Send Angermangement from the other thread above a message and he can also get you setup. Ean knows his nitrous setups and works with Indy Specialties on them. We ran his setup on a sled we ran at a couple hillclimb events this year in the midwest and it works.

Bryan

C
Oct 29, 2008
Ya Anger sent me a message. Waiting to hear back from him. I have a Holtzman system. Pretty basic install. Just need a couple brackets and would like to see more detailed pics where he mounted the bottle.
My sled is a chain drive "trail sled"
Thanks Guys!

Premium Features