• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No Spark...... HELP!!!!

W
Nov 27, 2007
I've had 2 sleds with spark issues. Both of them were wires rubbing bare and grounding. One of the first things I do when I get a new sled is trace all wires, hoses, fuel lines, cables, and rub-proof em.

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
Getting it recoded......just stop by the dealer and they can handle it. You can even pick up a spare if you wish and have it programmed so you have 2 keys.;)

skippyh2o

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2005
Bonney Lake
www.hidsource.com
Well first I will buy a new relay, its cheap. After that I will start swapping parts with a friends sled. Coil, mpem, tether are all easy swaps. I hear that the stator kinda sux to get to. Oh well, I got all summer. If I end up needing any of these things, anyone know where I can get parts cheap??

Thanks

The relay will not cause the spark to go away. It only controls the lighting and gauges. :)
I say try someones MPEM and lanyard. Remember the lanyard is programmed for that MPEM.
Good Luck.

J
Feb 6, 2009
Montana
Well I finally found a very small bare spot on one of the wires near the coil which shorted out my MPEM. Fixed the wire, bought a used MPEM for $100 and reprogrammed my DESS and the thing runs as good as new. It took so long to find that wire, seriously, the bare spot was the size of a pin head! Now Im ready for some snow:D

Thanks to all for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Premium Features