• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nitrous setup question HELP PLEASE

Z
Oct 13, 2008
Yakima, Wa
Ive got a 2009 M1000 with mods and a power commander 5 control box that is really set up nice. I picked up a boondocker nitrous kit that was originaly on same sled. My question is can I run the nitrous kit without running boondockers control box? I really like my power commander and hate to mess it up. Thanks for any help in advance.

J
Feb 21, 2010
Top of the BlackHills
Have NOS on my M1K, but I have an attitude box not a power commander. I can run a 15-20 shot with no adjustments for short bursts (5-10 seconds) to keep engine rpms up while hill climbing
If you have EGT's and a A/F ratio indicator so you can keep an eye on the motor, I'd say no problem.
Doesn't the power commander have a seperate map that activates for button down mode like the Attitude, so you don't mess with your N/A map?

M
Feb 25, 2008
Creston B.C.
I would guess you can run both boxs. The boondocker box just plugs into the injecters then leave it all zeros except for the nitrious wich would have to be set up. I would think this would workk but have never tried it.

madsledder,

The PCV does have the ability to store a second Nitrous Map for your application.
To enable this, you will need to solder two pigtail wires into the two wires on the Nitrous activation button. On the front of the PCV you will see a series of holes known as the expansion/terminal strip. Insert these two pigtail wires into the two holes nearest where the harness exits the enclosure.
Then, in your control center software, access Power Commander Tools > Configure > Feature Enables and Input Selections. Check the box next to "Map Switch" and you're ready to build the fuel addition map.
Now anytime you press the nitrous button, the circuit will be completed thus switching maps inside the PCV to fuel for nitrous.
Adding a second fuel controller is not necessary as the Power Commander will fit all of your desired needs to control fueling.

~T.J.

Premium Features