• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Website for ALASKANS Ideas??

S
Nov 26, 2007
AK
www.ride907.com
Hello All,

I am Brainstorming for a website idea I have

I have been looking around lately, noticing the lack of a website for Alaskans. There is snowest for sledders, alaskaslist and craigslist for people tryin to sell stuff ak outdoors for hunters and fisherman, etc.. I am proposing a site / forum that is similar to MySpace or FaceBook being that it will have social networking built in eg. usernames, pword, rank etc. I have some ideas including having the rank of users be Cheeckacko, sourdough, Local, etc.. Possibly having a membership OPTION that you have to pay a nominal fee to become say a local with access to certain areas, or have to have a certain number of posts or something?

I need some input on features. This site needs to be a site where you can set it to your homepage and search google from the front page while looking at the local news and checking the snow reports. I have thus far thought of

Members Signup
Profiles
Messaging / Email (Custom Email Addresses)
Classifieds (Alaskaslist.com)
Blogging
Photo / Video / Audio Sharing
Weather
News (KTUU,KTVA,KIMO,TWC,etc.)
Forums
Google Search Boxes
Niche Pages (Aces, Snowmachining, Skiing, etc.)
Memberships (Cheechako, Local, Sourdough, etc.)
Tourism Information
Webcams of AK
Road Conditions
NewsLetters
Volcano Updates
Clothing

Any More Ideas??

AND NEED IDEAS FOR DOMAIN / SITE NAMESSS!!!

eg. www.Alaska.com

Thank you so much, hope to get the ball rolling and have ourselves an all alaskan site that we wont have to leave and wont have to check 10,000 different sites every day!

Steve:beer;

S
Nov 26, 2007
AK
www.ride907.com
Yeah, i have been doing websites for about 8 years now and want to create one so locals dont have to be on a million diff forums and websites. a websote where you can do anything would be perfect. search the net check the waether, stocks, news, sports, aces, tourist stuff, post pics, videos, lisetn to music.. the ultimate gola is for a site where alaskans never have to go anywhere else! i can get a domain name for 3.95 a year so cost is not a problem lol. I need some name ideas! like AlaskaSpace or 907 somethin or any other ideas! Let me know people.. and ALSO A LIST OF AK SITES YOU GO TO !!! Thanks alot!

Premium Features