• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Tom Cat is Home!

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Oh, and the plastic bushings Cat uses on the eyelets of these shocks suck! There's a ton of play in these already that let the ski pop up and down probably 3/16". I'll be ordering a new set and a spare set to have around. Change them the same time I change ski dampers in the future.
mine move like maybe 1/16"
I installed new bushings and no different. way it is i guess.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Boise, ID
Handlebar warmer codes. Didn't realize this was such an issue with Ctec Cats. Hit reverse and back forward has been working to clear them. The adjustable heater levels are nice when they work.
Hey boondocker97.

Did you ever hear of a fix for the handlebar warmer codes C1600 and C1603? First ride on mine last weekend and froze my hands off cause they wouldn't work even when putting into reverse to clear.

Checked resistance in elements and they are 7.1 ohms each. Traced wiring and all connections are good and didn't see any broken wires. Thought you might know or did something to help this.

Thanks.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Hey boondocker97.

Did you ever hear of a fix for the handlebar warmer codes C1600 and C1603? First ride on mine last weekend and froze my hands off cause they wouldn't work even when putting into reverse to clear.

Checked resistance in elements and they are 7.1 ohms each. Traced wiring and all connections are good and didn't see any broken wires. Thought you might know or did something to help this.

Thanks.
No new fix that I'm aware of. I have new elements to put on this year to see if it helps at all.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
You might as well buy another set while you are at it. I haven't checked for awhile but last time it was less than $40 for a pair incase one quits again.

B
Aug 13, 2022
California
You will be impressed with the skinny even over a Gen 3 dual. Lot's of work went into shock placement and coupling blocks that are different.
#1 is super playfull, and #4 is not super firmly planted and sluggish, but is perfect for the trees or the big shutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features