• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to MN - where to ride

fun riding in MN.? From Washington?? If I had to move back there, I would sell my sleds, "don't go off the trail", " don't go to fast" etc. The DNR and tree huggers have ruined any good riding in MN. Trails and ditchbanging, that is about it. Sell the Mnt. sleds, no need for that there. sorry guys, I'm spoiled now.

Winter camping.

I'll winter camp on occasion. I have a canvas wall tent with a woodstove in it. Kind of adds to the trip, if you like to camp. I know another couple that has a camper they stay in. Only thing I miss when camping is a hot shower. Riding can be great, have to watch the snowfall totals and be ready to chase the snow. It's now the mountains, but there is never a bad day of snowmobileing.

I myself haven't had a sled for a couple years because of snow condition. Just picked up an old Indy 500 to run around on this year. Couldn't take it anymore. I have had good lucking riding around central minnesota. Park Rapids and Akeley area. Not too hilly but nice pine and scenic trails. The area around Itasca state park gets plenty of traffic but the snow conditions seem to be better around there than most when snow gets scarce.

Let me start by saying , Welcome to Minnesota. The North Shore is awesome. The U.P. of Michigan is great as well.

As for winter camping, are you using a pack tent or a towable? If you have a trailer, a state park sticker can get you into St.Croix State Park. We have camped overnight there in the past. Also stayed over at some of the park and rides in the north shore area. Only bad thing is that there are no hook ups at the park and rides.

Find out what clubs are in the area, check them out and join one or two.

Tom

Welcome To Min-no-snowta There are places here that get good snow but for most of the state not so much... I live in central mn 20 miles west of St Cloud Here i dont think we had good snow that stayed around for more than a couple weeks since 96-97 that year i put on 6000 miles .. If ya want to go to michigan go during the week so that you miss the big crouds and be carefull of all the racer wantabees that seem to never be on there side of the trails. I havent rode here more than a few miles in the last 8 years because of low snow and my love for the mountins......

Premium Features

Back