• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New products for our Nytros about to be released

M
Jan 14, 2004
I don't...

But if you were to remove the sum of the existing parts and weigh them I'm "guessing" it'd be somewhere around 15-16 lbs... Then, if you "surmised" the weight of the replacement parts to be around 5 lbs...

You need to compare apples to apples. The non reverse chaincase doesn't weigh that much. I measured it once and just going from memory reverse adds I think it was 8 lbs so non reverse chaincase to belt drive is going to be like 5 lbs max. If you are chasing lbs and ounces a cheaper solution is to delete reverse with a standard chaincase.

M5

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
You need to compare apples to apples. The non reverse chaincase doesn't weigh that much. I measured it once and just going from memory reverse adds I think it was 8 lbs so non reverse chaincase to belt drive is going to be like 5 lbs max. If you are chasing lbs and ounces a cheaper solution is to delete reverse with a standard chaincase.

M5
You are absolutely right. Deleting reverse is a fairly inexpensive gain in performance and loss of weight. A belt however, is a different deal altogether.

I actually was comparing apples to apples... his signature line says 2010 MTX SE 162... which has reverse.

A belt drive it isn't just a matter of just changing or deleting the reverse components. It is changing the entire assembly... (i.e. - drive and driven gears, idler gears, chain, chain tensioner, case cover, etc.) therein lies the true weight savings, and also the performance gains.

M
Jan 14, 2004
You are absolutely right. Deleting reverse is a fairly inexpensive gain in performance and loss of weight. A belt however, is a different deal altogether.

I actually was comparing apples to apples... his signature line says 2010 MTX SE 162... which has reverse.

A belt drive it isn't just a matter of just changing or deleting the reverse components. It is changing the entire assembly... (i.e. - drive and driven gears, idler gears, chain, chain tensioner, case cover, etc.) therein lies the true weight savings, and also the performance gains.

Whose signature line are you talking about. Christopher's, Chris BTW there are 2 D's in modded.

Believe me I know how belt drives work and I've never seen one with mechanical reverse, this I'd like to see. Piece of cake on a 2 smoke when you can run the engine backwards. Who is making this thing post some info. A straight up belt drive is a fairly simple thing to do mechanical reverse not so much.

M5

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
Whose signature line are you talking about. Christopher's, Chris BTW there are 2 D's in modded.

Believe me I know how belt drives work and I've never seen one with mechanical reverse, this I'd like to see. Piece of cake on a 2 smoke when you can run the engine backwards. Who is making this thing post some info. A straight up belt drive is a fairly simple thing to do mechanical reverse not so much.

M5

If you're out to start a war, you picked the wrong guy... I ain't got it in me.

And even after I said you were right. Swell - another drive by.

I'm certain I never said anything about a belt drive with reverse. I even went back to verify that.

What I did say, and now say again, in not so many words - If ya take out all the OEM bits, and you replace all those those bits with a belt drive (spoken with the assumption that EVERYONE knows a mechanical reverse is not an option), You could stand to lose around 10 lbs.

Fin.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
If ya take out all the OEM bits, and you replace all those those bits with a belt drive (spoken with the assumption that EVERYONE knows a mechanical reverse is not an option), You could stand to lose around 10 lbs.

I think he is arguing the 10lbs part of your statement. He doesn't believe there are 10 lbs in there to save if you already remove reverse from the equation.

So when we going to see some picks and specs of this? There seem to be a lot of people claiming info on this thing, yet know one will take the final step and post pictures / specs?

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
I think he is arguing the 10lbs part of your statement. He doesn't believe there are 10 lbs in there to save if you already remove reverse from the equation.

So when we going to see some picks and specs of this? There seem to be a lot of people claiming info on this thing, yet know one will take the final step and post pictures / specs?

I guess I misunderstood him Ruff... if that is indeed the case, he's right again.

As to your second question - if I were working on it, nobody would see anything until it was ready to ship. I don't tell or sell unless it's tested and proven.

Ya gotta remember, it's the internet - If you have a keyboard, your bound to be an honest, straightforward, forthcoming, and upstanding citizen!

...Oh yeah, a keyboard also makes it's user an informed expert on EVERYTHING too!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If SkiDoo produces the best goggles in the form of Electric Heated Helium Goggles and they don't FREEZE up on "ME", then I will wear them with pride.

Even though I just bought 3 pair of the new KLIM Radius goggles!:face-icon-small-hap

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I thought ski doo was trying to get you to use some of those last year when I was talking to you at the snow show

I bought some Klims I hope they work well

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I thought ski doo was trying to get you to use some of those last year when I was talking to you at the snow show

I bought some Klims I hope they work well

They were.
They told me I would have TWO pair last season.
1 LCD
1 Heated.

The LCD arrived, and they were VERY COOL to use!
But the heated pair were a NO-SHOW last season.
I was told at the SLC show that they would be sending me a pair once again this season. Time will tell.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Hey Moto<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
Do we have any idea the cost point on the belt drive system yet? I have to imagine it will be comparable to CXM or C3's systems. They are pretty proud of theirs for sure at +$2000 if i remember right. I would have to image it would be somewhere close to theirs though. The CXM and C3 systems are sure nice units though.

<O:p</O:pI think M5 was reading too much into your post. You talked about 15 lbs weight loss which refers to having reverse and then in the line below you mention the belt drive replaces the whole assembly. Since M5 likes the option of reverse as do I he presumed when you said that the belt drive would replace the whole assembly it included reverse. That is my take on it anyway.

<O:p</O:pI have reverse so what you were saying made sense to me on weight loss and I presumed that it would eliminate reverse because belts are have to be direct drive units but that is just me.<O:p</O:p

prototype69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Belgrade,MT
Well you have my attention I do think the belt drive with mechanical reverse is possible. You would need a machinist and someone with a very inovative mind. HP drive gain a wieght loss would be huge on the nytro. Keep us posted.

Premium Features