• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PRODUCT: EZ-RYDE CARVE™ REAR SUSPENSION.

The only thing that looks like it can be re-used would be your shocks and the rails??

I'd bet you would be better off, money wise, selling your old skid and getting a new one as the parts would be pretty pricey.

I over-heard something interesting (and if true, shocking) at the SLC Show that the new EasyRyde Carve complete skid weighs around 55lbs?????

Anyone got one that can verify this or prove it wrong???

Just curious, is all.

I over-heard something interesting (and if true, shocking) at the SLC Show that the new EasyRyde Carve complete skid weighs around 55lbs?????

Anyone got one that can verify this or prove it wrong???

Just curious, is all.

I find it hard to believe that the addition of the pivot adds 13 pounds. As the original non-pivoting skid weighed 42#'s from memory in a 155", from their advertisements. And the newer arm is a much cleaner more streamlined design (less gussets, less welds, easier to manufacture, and ultimately stronger).

In addition in the original post that MountainHorse got straight from the EZ-Ryde website even the 174" version was like 51.5#'s, so I don't see where you'd come up with 55#'s. Maybe the 174" with dual or triple scratchers and extra wheels? Sounds to me like the competition trying to spread bad press, much like the current politicians smear campaigns with the election only a week away.

Last edited:
In addition in the original post that MountainHorse got straight from the EZ-Ryde website even the 174" version was like 51.5#'s, so I don't see where you'd come up with 55#'s. Maybe the 174" with dual or triple scratchers and extra wheels? Sounds to me like the competition trying to spread bad press, much like the current politicians smear campaigns with the election only a week away.

I never said I came up with 55#s, but that I over heard while around the SnoWest Viper build that it was around 55#. Maybe reread my post that I was looking for clarification on this.

Here's some good shots from the SnoWest Mag's viper build this year.

ve8u3yma.jpg

5a4y8a2y.jpg

I never said I came up with 55#s, but that I over heard while around the SnoWest Viper build that it was around 55#. Maybe reread my post that I was looking for clarification on this.

I was not accusing you of coming up with the number, I read your post and knew you were just repeating what you heard. Obviously whoever was spouting the information was misinformed. That was the point of my rebuttal, I was not shooting the messenger.

they have been for a few years now. they do a very good job at it as well. What better way to get exactly what you want then to just do it yourself!
It's funny I find myself reading this comment [emoji352] [emoji50] ahh never mind why post with nothing to say?

Other than... hey does anyone have any 155 ish length ez rydes kicking around? Or shorter. I'd really like to get some measurements from the SHORT TRACK version. (Assuming it's different than what I see some of the new snowbikes running. Would love to hear a compair and contrast from anyone who has rode the older style skids s the helo, and then the trail which seems to be more elusive than an honest Bible salesman!

Here is a link to a video of me just riding uo a hill avoiding rocks. In stirring this pot because I personally have no intentions of throwing inverted whips like that Kisterke kid, but I do think the 22 boost might need this. More of a me Thang then a problem with the sled.

Hmm weird.

@christopher

Could we get some sort of history on ez ryde skids ? I know more than most but I presume a lot which is a compounding problem [emoji1781]

I know they pretty much killed their sight and then were selling just their proprietary mufflers. Then the websighr for even great lakes speed and sound went missing.

Did polars possibly purchase part of their company ? - me being very presumptuous! It's been a long time in the werx but I just don't know where did they go???

Pictured is a 2013 153 race skid. Then a 2014 race skid (non helo) but with some added composite bracing/bushings. The last pic I'd call that my version of "2021" geometry, for more of a hill x race sled build. For what it's worth in all this time not much have I changed here, mostly just fine tuning skid location based on my personal riding style and goals. One might notice I have different sled builds for different tasks, thus the suspension nuances vary, and if someone wants to know I do have templates for these.
634b4fa54d431b7dd717852101d9552e.jpg
a39ea75fd6c7ec6a8daa3c0f21bd471e.jpg
5f6ba8d9495526437ae782e9ccdd58cd.jpg
a214b0f9cc6656fbba334952f821f719.jpg
db411df92649da9ac2c57736f4bb3e42.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's funny I find myself reading this comment [emoji352] [emoji50] ahh never mind why post with nothing to say?

Other than... hey does anyone have any 155 ish length ez rydes kicking around? Or shorter. I'd really like to get some measurements from the SHORT TRACK version. (Assuming it's different than what I see some of the new snowbikes running. Would love to hear a compair and contrast from anyone who has rode the older style skids s the helo, and then the trail which seems to be more elusive than an honest Bible salesman!

Here is a link to a video of me just riding uo a hill avoiding rocks. In stirring this pot because I personally have no intentions of throwing inverted whips like that Kisterke kid, but I do think the 22 boost might need this. More of a me Thang then a problem with the sled.

Hmm weird.

@christopher

Could we get some sort of history on ez ryde skids ? I know more than most but I presume a lot which is a compounding problem [emoji1781]

I know they pretty much killed their sight and then were selling just their proprietary mufflers. Then the websighr for even great lakes speed and sound went missing.

Did polars possibly purchase part of their company ? - me being very presumptuous! It's been a long time in the werx but I just don't know where did they go???

Pictured is a 2013 153 race skid. Then a 2014 race skid (non helo) but with some added composite bracing/bushings. The last pic I'd call that my version of "2021" geometry, for more of a hill x race sled build. For what it's worth in all this time not much have I changed here, mostly just fine tuning skid location based on my personal riding style and goals. One might notice I have different sled builds for different tasks, thus the suspension nuances vary, and if someone wants to know I do have templates for these.
634b4fa54d431b7dd717852101d9552e.jpg
a39ea75fd6c7ec6a8daa3c0f21bd471e.jpg
5f6ba8d9495526437ae782e9ccdd58cd.jpg
a214b0f9cc6656fbba334952f821f719.jpg
db411df92649da9ac2c57736f4bb3e42.jpg

They have a military contract producing mufflers last I heard. The skid side of the business is still for sale.

They have a military contract producing mufflers last I heard. The skid side of the business is still for sale.
Much appreciated! Internet fist bump [emoji106]

Premium Features

Back