• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PRODUCT: EZ-RYDE CARVE™ REAR SUSPENSION.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
NEW PRODUCT: EZ-RYDE CARVE™ REAR SUSPENSION.

It's that time of year...when new products are put out there for us to consider for the coming season.

ezryde_logo.png

This is an interesting one from EZ-RYDE suspensions.

Solid engineering has always been part of EZ's philosophy along with quality materials and construction.

Looking forward to getting reports from customers this season on production models.:face-icon-small-hap

From EZ RYDE:

side-skid.png

twist-skid.png

Engineered with a twist.
The all-new EZRyde CarveTM allows you to pull lines you have never dreamed of, with less input and more confidence than ever. The EZRyde CarveTM allows for up to 20 degrees of rotational movement at the rear of the main swing arm, allowing the front and rear of the lower skid assembly to rotate and stay in contact with the surface when sidehilling or when both skis are not parallel with the surface. The amount of rotation is adjustable by replacing the damping coupler with a stiffer or softer one to allow less or more resistance to the rotation. By replacing the damping coupler, you can fine-tune your suspension to the desired amount of rotation. The EZRyde CarveTM also features a lockout pin, which allows you to lock out the suspension from rotating at all. The lockout pin gives you the benefits of the original EZRyde skid and the rotation of the EZRyde CarveTM, all in one package!

MSRP: $2750.00

How to Purchase
Due to a change in our sales process that will allow us to focus on our product line, EZRyde products and parts may only be purchased at dealers within our dealer network. You may find our dealers on our Dealer Locator page and if there isn't a dealer near you yet, we are working with dealerships across the country to have a well-established dealer network in place for the middle of September. We will begin shipping the EZRyde CarveTM to dealers around early to mid September.

Weight:
174" weighs 51.5 lbs

Skid Models
136", 144", 146", 151", 153", 154", 155", 159", 162", 163", 174"

Fits tunnel widths:
15", 15.5", 16", 16.5"

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Curious to see how it works in the backcountry... Riding a snowboard with flexible bindings and trying to carve a line is the image that pops in my head... But I could be way off... KC sure rocked it at Jackson last year.

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Curious to see how it works in the backcountry... Riding a snowboard with flexible bindings and trying to carve a line is the image that pops in my head... But I could be way off... KC sure rocked it at Jackson last year.

I see / envision the same thing, although no practical / seat of the pants experience with any of the teeter totter rear suspensions; on a packed surface it would seem predicable and a benefit, maximizing contact and traction. In the fluffy stuff you never know which way it is going to pivot and pitch you.

I would like to try the Carve in our wet coastal snow and firmer spring conditions though.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
basically they added t motion to it,cool idea though:face-icon-small-coo

A t-motion on steroids maybe. On a t-motion on the rear arm pivots. Seems like the front arm would keep it from its full potential. A couple of years ago I read an article about a guy that pivoted the front arm on his pro and said it worked much better.

The carve the entire suspension rotates. Also you can set how much rotation you want and it also comes with a lock pin to keep it from rotating at all. Neat idea and may have potential. I would love to try one.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
A t-motion on steroids maybe. On a t-motion on the rear arm pivots. Seems like the front arm would keep it from its full potential. A couple of years ago I read an article about a guy that pivoted the front arm on his pro and said it worked much better.

The carve the entire suspension rotates. Also you can set how much rotation you want and it also comes with a lock pin to keep it from rotating at all. Neat idea and may have potential. I would love to try one.

Are you an EZ-Ryde dealer yet?

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i know a few guys that have run the old easyryde,always had ratcheting probs,would think by now they would have got that figured out now though.

CHARIOT OF DOOM

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
i know a few guys that have run the old easyryde,always had ratcheting probs,would think by now they would have got that figured out now though.

I had a ez ryde setup on my turbo dragon and it was amazing, loved it and wanna try this new setup. One problem I did have after 3 seasons it would de rail on me. Meaning the actual rails would not stay in place where needed. I read a little that something wears out after time and needs replaced, didn't look into it to much due to wreaking it next ride.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
There seems to be a lack of parallelism going on with the front and rear mounting bars in the supplied photo.

How will this affect the rocking motion if they are actually locked into the tunnel?
Will the tunnel get tweaked over time with this new motion?

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Be interesting to see how this one works. I had an Ez RYde in my one of machines and I couldn't keep the upper rear cross shaft straight until I machined a new one out of 4130. Now they are throwing more torsional loads at that cross shaft too. I think there will have to be a point where too much articulation which will work backwards and the straightness of the tunnel will show.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
There seems to be a lack of parallelism going on with the front and rear mounting bars in the supplied photo.

How will this affect the rocking motion if they are actually locked into the tunnel?
Will the tunnel get tweaked over time with this new motion?

The shocks have spherical bearings (swivel bearings) in the shock-eyes... not an issue... they are just free hanging in the photo you see.

twist-skid.png

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
If only we could demo this setup. Hard to spend the coin on a product like this w/o experiencing the product. I've always been a fan of EZRyde though.

xcmark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mass-hole
I have been thinking about a EZ ryde for my Switchback , I ride 50% off trail - 50% Northeast powder . My assault shock package is fair at best and really isn't up to dealing with Whoops of studder bumps. at this time I have pounded the shock to the point they need hard parts and rebuilt so I am exploring other ideas.

Premium Features