• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT: FAN POWERED VENTILLATION OPTION FOR GAUGE LIFT OWNERS

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
I vented my hood at the top (above the headlight, below the windshield ) and it works well as a passive vent.

One thing to consider with a forced vent here is how much hot air gets sucked back in by the engine (especially if you have the SLP vent added).
Any testing on that?

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Nope. None. But also keep in mind, hypothetically speaking, that hot air passively escaping will be swirled around by air movement around the cowling as well. I tend to think that hot air being blown out stands less of a chance of being drawn back in. Just thinking out loud. Good discussion!

K
Jan 18, 2013
Idaho Falls, ID
Placed an order this morning. Looks like it should work with the Polaris defrost bag pretty well. I'm thinking this combo should dry gloves, de-fog goggles and help give a little cooling to the engine all at the same time.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Here is my wish: Make a combo of a fan and a defrost bag!

Lift the gauge, fan out the heat and have a bag that shields the intakes from the hot air. This obviously needs some mesh at the top, but I think the concept can be done and I would search no more.

RS

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I just sent 5 yesterday, 2 more today. When I get home and can look your order ship date up, I'll shoot you a pm....wanna say yours went yesterday..... Need to confirm though.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Sure enough! If I checked me email as often as I check snowest I would have seen the USPS shipping confirmation from yesterday.

Thanks Cant wait to get it on there and see how it does.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I've seen people ask about active venting and how it might take longer to warm up the hot-dogger/muffpot simply because of the efficiency of heat removal from that area.

Any REAL experience or data on that?

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I got nothin, sorry! I quit running my muffpot last year. I always got too full at lunch and felt like sh!t after eating a huge meal on the hill. Let alone feeling like I wanted to throw up in my helmet. I just go with protein bars and water.....

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I got nothin, sorry! I quit running my muffpot last year. I always got too full at lunch and felt like sh!t after eating a huge meal on the hill. Let alone feeling like I wanted to throw up in my helmet. I just go with protein bars and water.....
I mostly use energy feel and protein bars too, but I do like my hotpocket in many occasions.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Updated original post with CanadaSledParts/WildChild bracket mounting locations.

All orders have shipped! I have 3 fans built and ready to ship if anyone is interested!!

Jeff95

Premium Member
Jan 11, 2009
Terrebonne, Oregon
I hope fans hold up! I did this last year with water proof fans pulling air above clutch. The fans worked for about 3 weeks and than the fan came apart and sent parts into my clutch area. Lucky I was checking it every ride and got parts before they caused problems.

I like the idea just need a good sealed fan.

Jeff

Premium Features