• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Proclimb Turbo Can

I have been playing with several exhaust configurations over the last few weeks. Here is what I have found:

The stock can is heavy but is nice and quit. Even with a programmer it is tough to wake the 1100T up with all that back pressure. Also, it detonated 3 pounds earlier on pump gas with the stock can vs. other more free flowing options.

I ran a 2-1/2" strait dump and it had great top end power but suffered a bit in the mid range and was way too loud (especially in the trailer).

A 2-1/4" strait dump still had the top end power but was also good in the mid range.

Lastly I built a 2-1/4 inch strait through can with a muffler. This baby works. The sound is just a little louder than stock at idle, sounds like a 450 dirt bike. Mid range power is good, top end power is increadable, with or without programmer, gains either way. With programmer, at 18.5 pounds, it wants to tear arms off at shoulders, no detonation on pump gas. This can only weighed 5.0 lb in polished stainless.

Here is a video of the can for a sound bite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhb5Pu2JKr4

Last edited:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Nice work.

We built a couple and run a 2" similar to what you are running and found that was the best for bottom, mid, and top with stock boost levels.

2 1/4 may be better for higher boost.

Premium Features