• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Metallica Album is for real, welcome back boys

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
I am a typical fan of Metallica and beleave them to be in the top 5 bands of all time

anywho, the new album is finally a album that will be played in my truck for a few years to come, its tough to judge, it seems they dipped into pre-black album days and James reinvented his voice again, plenty of wicked riffs and great drums, thank god lars dropped the "clank clank clank" crap from the last LP.....the unforgiven III is nothing like I and II, but its a gooder:beer;

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
just got me a copy... its sorta like black album and ...and justice for all combined, kidna edgey with a lot of nice stuff as well.

this is one of the best albums around, im amazed how good it is for a band whos been around for a while, its infinately better than st anger!!!

think im heading to SLC in nov for the concert!!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
just a dude..,... what concert did you get tix for, im getting some for the SLC one, pending i can out of school for it, dang monday concerts

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I just downloaded it. So far i've listened to the first two or three songs.

It sounds exactly like every other metal band out there that was influenced by Metallica and tried to sound like Metallica, except this actually IS Metallica and they are trying to sound like themselves?
... But they're not accomplishing it very well because they just sound like every other band out there that copied them?

This album is roughly the equivelent of Load [of sh!t] and Re-Load [of ****] ... It doesn't make me think of Kill Em All, Puppets, or even And Justice For All.

It makes me think they figured if they hyped the sh!t out of this album and told people "No really this will really actually be a Metallica album this time" they'd get people to buy it.

This album is doing absolutley nothing for me. It's not heavy, it's not fast, it's not even that melodic. It's a "Metallica" album I guess.

Personally I wish I had my $10 back.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I swear to god this new Dicksnot (Slipknot) album sounds more like a new Metallica album than the actual new Metallica album does.

WTF?

hahahaha

This new Metallica album seriously sounds to me like the Offspring trying to make a Metallica album.

Lame.

But, LoG is f*cking badass though. They should not even be on the same bill as Metallica IMO.

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
I used to be a Die hard Metallica fan...... Seen them in concert a few times and loved them back in the day..... They lost me around the time of Napster...... Load/ Re Load/ St. Anger.... I once said they were the best band in the world and now I can't stand them!!!!

I heard one song so far from the new album and wasn't impressed....... I'd love to enjoy their music again but since Cliff died I think they were playing on borrowed time...... Jason was a decent replacement but wanted to big of a role....

I don't think I can buy there album.... Maybe download it just out of spite and pass it out to people for coasters....

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Don't waste your money, it doesn't sound any different than the other horse sh*t they've puked out the last 15 years except in stead of 3-minute long sections of horse sh*t they somehow thought people wanted 8-minute long sections of horse sh*t.

This album is f*cking horrible, just like their last four were.

I just listened through most of the whole thing and I seriously dbout I'll ever listen to it again.

Too bad I can't get a refund on my $10 from iTunes :mad:

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
but since Cliff died I think they were playing on borrowed time...... Jason was a decent replacement but wanted to big of a role....

If you ever went to a show after Cliff and before 94' you would know Jason had a huge roll in their live shows. He was all energy and rocked that stage harder then any of the rest could ever.

As far as the new album. the musics alright, it has it's moments but James voice has got to go. He has lost his edge for sure and it doesn't fit anymore. .02

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
James could never sing.... He could thrash.... But he should quit trying to be a singer.... makes my ears hurt.... LOL

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
If you ever went to a show after Cliff and before 94' you would know Jason had a huge roll in their live shows. He was all energy and rocked that stage harder then any of the rest could ever.

As far as the new album. the musics alright, it has it's moments but James voice has got to go. He has lost his edge for sure and it doesn't fit anymore. .02

that was what I meant... he would sing... play guitar.... bass..... I was amazed at how well every one could play each others instruments.... and Jason did take them in a good direction but I still think he tried to take over and that's where he sealed his fate.....

James should start drinking again... LOL

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
Premium Features