• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New member, Norway :D

Hello:face-icon-small-ton

Short version:
I am a 16 year old boy from Norway and I own my second sled, a Lynx 59 Yeti 600 ACE. I love snowmobiling an I hope to learn a lot from this forum.

Long version
I am a 16 year old from Norway(sorry if my language is bad, im from Norway :P), and I am passionate about snowmobiles and snowmobiling. I am still in school, and have to live about 40 miles from home, because it was the closest school. Therefore i only have time for snowmobiling in the weekends and holidays, but catch up by driving alot then :P

I use a lot of time reading about snowmobiles and watching videos of snowmobiling from the USA. I kind of envy you over there, because you have so vast areas where you can ride and have fun. Here in Norway, we are not allowed to drive outside our own fields, but still most people go for a ride in the mountais every once in a while anyway:face-icon-small-hap

My sled history:

I bought my first sled as a 14 year old, in 2009 after working several years at my parents farm. I had only tried a few sleds, and didnt have many hours on theese machines, therefore my first buy was a pretty random choice.

It was an 1999 Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000 which costed me about 5 000 $ (Might sound much for you, but the prices are very high in Norway). I had a lot of fun it, and learned all the basics. This fall i sold it for 4500 $.
The reason I decided to replace my sled was that I needed a widetrack for working.

This led to my second buy: Lynx 59 Yeti 600 ACE, which is basically the same as a Ski Doo Tundra WT 600 ACE. The only difference is the rear suspension.(Which is better in the Lynx:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap) This "beauty" costed me 25 000 $(Which is a fair price for theese sleds in norway).

In comparison the Nytro MTX costs 30 000$.

By joining this forum I am hoping to learn more about snowmobiles, and get a place to exchange knowledge. :face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! I think you will find a ton of information on here as well as many suppliers for cheaper parts.

-Matt

Welcome!! Glad to have you with us! :) You will find that there are many other Norwegians on here. And your English is perfectly fine! :D

Velkommen.

Du kommer nok til å finne mye bra info her inne, og bruk swapmeet delen for det den e verdt....e mye å spare på må handle via forumet!

Hilsen anna nordmann!:)

Premium Features

Back