• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

*NEW* Carbon Fiber XP & 1200 Chassis

B
Jan 22, 2009
C3 Power Sports is currently working on a new carbon fiber chassis for the XP sleds, including the 1200 4-TEK, for summer of 2009. Here are some of our preliminary design objectives

Optional Integrated Structural Fuel Tank (ISFT)
30lbs+ reduction of weight with ISFT (20lbs+ without ISFT), while being stronger and more rigid
Extra tunnel clearance to clear a 3" track
Complete bolt in replacement - no fabricating required
Priced around $5000CND (~$4000USD) for ISFT and $4000CND (~$3200USD) without ISFT
Reductions of 50lbs+ can be expected by including C3 suspension parts and body panels

The first 1200 4-TEK turbo builds have already shown that this motor responds very well to boost. The 1200 mountain turbo will be the sled to have next season, and without BRP offering a mountain version, a carbon fiber chassis will be the lightest and strongest way to build one.

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
C3 Power Sports is currently working on a new carbon fiber chassis for the XP sleds, including the 1200 4-TEK, for summer of 2009. Here are some of our preliminary design objectives

Optional Integrated Structural Fuel Tank (ISFT)
30lbs+ reduction of weight with ISFT (20lbs+ without ISFT), while being stronger and more rigid
Extra tunnel clearance to clear a 3" track
Complete bolt in replacement - no fabricating required
Priced around $5000CND (~$4000USD) for ISFT and $4000CND (~$3200USD) without ISFT
Reductions of 50lbs+ can be expected by including C3 suspension parts and body panels

The first 1200 4-TEK turbo builds have already shown that this motor responds very well to boost. The 1200 mountain turbo will be the sled to have next season, and without BRP offering a mountain version, a carbon fiber chassis will be the lightest and strongest way to build one.

HMMM I never thought that I would be back looking at a DOO so soon :D
Can you custom it (drop brackets) to what ever suspension we would like to run?

T

tube

Dec 3, 2007
Stony plain
very happy you guys are going with the intergrated fuel tank i think that setup is going work very well, i guess i have a carbon fiber fuel tank for sale now :D

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Is your projected 30 lb weight reduction with the coolers installed in your assembly? (the factory ones being integrated into the tunnel roof)

Will the stock S member still need to be used?

B
Jan 22, 2009
the projected 30lbs loss is our chassis with our cooling compared to a stock chassis with stock cooling.

some of the original chassis components (such as the lower steering/A-arm support) will be reused, or can be purchased new, but we haven't determined exactly which ones yet.

B
Jan 22, 2009
Update:

Just a little update:

Our XP chassis plug has been completely modeled in solidworks. Each MDF piece has been CNC cut to ensure accuracy, and the assembly is nearly complete.

Here is a screenshot of the solidworks model:
xpplug.jpg

I will post pics of the MDF plug once the assembly is complete

A

ACL C3

Aug 27, 2008
Salmon Arm B.C
www.c3powersports.com
we are now starting the same chassis but with IFC (Integrated Fuel Cell) the fuel tank will have 2 baffles specifically placed with fuel cell foam in between the baffles so the fuel can not slosh around. the stock tank holds 40l and we would like some input as to if a bigger fuel cell say 50l would be better

Premium Features