• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Billet Dual Throttle Kit. PICTURES

OK,
As some of you know, I've been working on a totally new dual throttle kit that will probably put some of the competition out of the dual throttle business.

The basic bennefits of my design are:

6061 CNC Billet Aluminum lever designed by me and MADE IN USA (Meridian, Idaho),
All stainless hardware,
Stainless right side throttle adapters laser cut at Metal Craft in Boise, Idaho,
The whole unit sits independant of the right side when stock right side lever is being used,
2 Peice perch clamps around the bar using 2 stainless allen head bolts,
It only takes up 1/2" of bar space,
We are not going over the grip as too many people are crushing their hand warmers with that design, so I went as skinny as possible with out sacrificing strength. There is 1/2" bar space to be had on every stock sled out there.
It hangs down to where it's basically impossible to mistake for the brake (can't reach it from seated position)
When hanging out over the left your hand naturally rotates around to where it's a natural 1 or 2 finger pull with an EXTREMELY SMOOTH operation,
Much smoother operation than any other throttle on the market today,
Ability to modulate the throttle much better than with any other throttle available today,
In-line cable adjuster at the right side of the cable where it will do the most good,
It will fit all 4 brands better than any other available today, And also clear that huge Ski-Doo controll panel better than the other guys.
It does retain the lock out pin for safety,
Even higher quality cables than what the other guys still haven't caught up to yet.

Retail for the whole kit will be $189.99

This is next year's model.
Here is the prototype billet lever

100_1040_op_551x600.jpg

100_1038_op_538x600.jpg

100_1040_op_551x600.jpg

Last edited:
design a better clamp.

Make a fully detachable double allen bolt clamp. One that will fit over a grip and can be attached without taking everything apart. Then drop the price in half. Gold fingers are $99, work perfectly and have a name behind them to help sales. Not a trash just a fact. Years of watching cool bike industry accessory makers go tits up trying to compete should be a lesson.
Best of luck, I hope it works.

What are the chances you'll actually be able to deliver this product...ordered a lefty and brake/throttle extension from you and they never showed,nor did I get a reply from you!Having a product and delivering a product to the customer are two different things

Will the billet handle be available to adapt to the old style?

No, they are similar looking, but not interchangeable.

Make a fully detachable double allen bolt clamp. One that will fit over a grip and can be attached without taking everything apart. Then drop the price in half. Gold fingers are $99, work perfectly and have a name behind them to help sales. Not a trash just a fact. Years of watching cool bike industry accessory makers go tits up trying to compete should be a lesson.
Best of luck, I hope it works.

OK.
Lets compare these out.
I can do that with out bashing the competition.
In fact, lets look at all the dual throttle kits available.

Mine is a 2 piece clamp with 2 allen screws. You can see them in the pictures.
That whole front part comes off. No dissasembling of the controls needed.
I'm not going over the grip any more because too many people are crushing their hand warmers with that style, so I have mine only taking up 1/2" of bar space. You can find 1/2" on 99.9% of the sleds out there today.

You are right, Gold Finger is cheeper, much cheeper.
Look at what you are getting though.
Don't get me wrong here, they do have a safe and reliable product that does everythhing it needs to to work and all, mine is just that much better.

Their's is a cast aluminum lever, and being cast, it's not going to be nearly as strong just by nature of the materiel. Mine is CNC'd from 6061 Billet in Meridian, Idaho. HUGE difference there alone.

Their short lever does look extremely cool, but then when you go to use it, you instantly find out that it's basically a light switch in that with the short lever, it's very hard to modulate the throttle. You find your self either full on or off with it, no in between where you can actually finess it through a tough section. The other drawback to the tiny lever is that you can miss it when you are in a pinch and need it, especially with big gloves on.

Now look at their cables. Straight black Huffy bicycle cables and not seeled at the ends either. The end of their cable is exposed to the elements where it can and probably will freeze with moisture (we ride in snow)
Mine are a stainless cable that's PTFE lubed to stay smooth and repell water based moisture. My housing is compressionless and Kevlar braided. It has sealed ends to keep the moisture out. Then I went the 1 step further and put the rubber accordion boot over the exposted cable at the right side to keep all of the cable from being exposed to the elements.

Now for adjustability,
Theirs has the same barrel adjustment at the lever that I set up with through this season. Their adjustment is a bicycle brake adjustment as they have used Dia-Tech levers (just as I did) for years. Then they designed ther lever after that same bicycle lever, but with a modified mount.
I found that the weekness here is that with the cable secured into place, the adjustment didn't adjust much at all if any, so I'm setting this model up with an inline adjuster at the other end of the cable where it will work much better for this application.
Again, I've gotten away from the bicycle design and went to an actual motorsport design with the shape of lever that works for this application.

Our right side adapters are pretty similar. Mine is stainless as is theirs.
My right side is a little more compact and cleaner though.

My throttle is just a MUCH better unit, and it's billet.

Now lets look at the rest of the dual throttles out there.
My favorite of the competitors throttle kits is the Snobunje.
Theirs is also with a lever that they (Rick) designed specifically for it.
It's a longer lever and it modulates well. I think it would work better if it were shaped with a double bend style to make it harder to make the "oops, I thought it was the brake" mistake.

Their lock-out is a quick disconect at the right side and that works well.
Their right side moves with the thumb throttle back and forth on the cable though, where my right side adapter sits independantly of the right side until you use it. I think this difference will make the right side of my cable last quite a bit longer.
Again, I have the best cables that are sealed etc. No one else covers these details.
All in all, they have the throttle I'd buy if I weren't building mine. I think theirs is almost as good as mine, but again, I think mine is better.
Retail on theirs is $149.95
They are a good company and also friends of mine. We compete, but we don't bash each other. They are just good people.

Lefty Brand has theirs for $100 and it also works well.
Small thumb flipper on the left looks identical to the Powermadd Powder throttle and that looks really nice. Again though, it's a very small lever and I think I already covered my issues with that.

Their right side does move back and forth on the cable end when you use the stock right side throttle and I already covered my thoughts on that aspect.
Their cables are better than Gold Finger's, but not sealed up or as nice as mine.

Allen is also a very good guy and has a good company.
His throttle is reliable and safe, but I think mine is just better.

Powermadd stopped making theirs this year because on theirs you had to disconect the micro safety switches in your throttle block. Otherwise when the left side throttle was used, it opened up the carbs while the stock right side throttle stayed in the closed position. Then the safety switches would "think" the carbs are frozen open and shut the motor off. This made theirs my least favorite, even though it was probably the cleanest looking.
Retail on theirs was $159.99

Kinetic had a really nice unit for a good price, but they don't make them any more.
I heard that it was a 2 person partnership and one of them either died or got very sick and dropped out of the business, causing the other partner to lose interest and drop out too. I'm not 100% that this is what happened, but I think that was the story.
They were the first to use the Dia-Tech Gold Finger lever, but in red. They had a good product and all too.
Too bad they dropped out of the business, with competition, the consumer always wins as competition makes the MFG's actually compete by putting out better products etc.

That leaves SMW at $70.
I've only seen theirs once several years ago when I first started building mine. (I bought 1 of every model available at that time for comparrison reasons)
They have a right side adjuster and that is very functional and cool, but I REALLY hated their right side mount for the adjuster.
I'm not sure what their current model looks like or IF they've changed it at all, as I haven't done a comparrison with theirs lately.

So this leaves mine as the most expensive out there by $40 over the next most expensive.

Just like my extended cables though, they are also the most expensive way to go longer, but also the highest quality available today, and I sell a litteral ton of them and have requests for more models than what most could ever imagine.
You get what you pay for, and I'm paying out dearly to have the absolute best product available today in the dual throttle market.
It goes on a $10,000 plus machine and so it needs to be the best.

Last edited:
What are the chances you'll actually be able to deliver this product...ordered a lefty and brake/throttle extension from you and they never showed,nor did I get a reply from you!Having a product and delivering a product to the customer are two different things

That's a fair question.
That was part of the problem in dealing with the Dia-Tech levers.
I've sold them (Dia-Tech USA and Dia-Tech taiwan) completely out twice this season alone.

I did get stock back in though and now I'm spending a ton of $$ on overnighting many throttles out.
I didn't look at your profile to see which order you are, but I do know that the last of the back orders are being overnighted out from here today.

I had to pay out the nose twice now to have them overnighted from Taiwan (250 levers the first time and 500 levers this time) to be able to take care of my customers. It's extremely expensive and they don't just do a production run when you need it or even when they say they will, but when they already have it scheduled to probably be late. Then I pad their estimated production time and find out later that they normally start the production run about 3 weeks after they promise me product. I in turn promise out product based on what I add to their time frame in what is best described as an educated guess because they straight up lie, only to have them not produce any where neer scheduled delivery time.

That's the other reason I'm going this route. Probably the same reason Gold Finger stopped using them and went to the cast lever that just looks like theirs.
Did I mention that I really hate dealing with Taiwan?
That's also why I haven't advertized the throttles them selves very much at all this year.
Dia-Tech couldn't keep up, so they need replaced if I want to stay in the throttle business, and I am.
I don't want to deliver 6 months late the way Boss seats does.

I think it's better that I'm going locally with these as I can have controll over these issues and put out a far superior product as well.
Since I am changing the design and vendor etc any way, I might as well build the best.

Last edited:
No, they are similar looking, but not interchangeable.

OK.
Lets compare these out.
I can do that with out bashing the competition.
In fact, lets look at all the dual throttle kits available.

Mine is a 2 piece clamp with 2 allen screws. You can see them in the pictures.
That whole front part comes off. No dissasembling of the controls needed.
I'm not going over the grip any more because too many people are crushing their hand warmers with that style, so I have mine only taking up 1/2" of bar space. You can find 1/2" on 99.9% of the sleds out there today.

You are right, Gold Finger is cheeper, much cheeper.
Look at what you are getting though.
Don't get me wrong here, they do have a safe and reliable product that does everythhing it needs to to work and all, mine is just that much better.

Their's is a cast aluminum lever, and being cast, it's not going to be nearly as strong just by nature of the materiel. Mine is CNC'd from 6061 Billet in Meridian, Idaho. HUGE difference there alone.

Their short lever does look extremely cool, but then when you go to use it, you instantly find out that it's basically a light switch in that with the short lever, it's very hard to modulate the throttle. You find your self either full on or off with it, no in between where you can actually finess it through a tough section. The other drawback to the tiny lever is that you can miss it when you are in a pinch and need it, especially with big gloves on.

Now look at their cables. Straight black Huffy bicycle cables and not seeled at the ends either. The end of their cable is exposed to the elements where it can and probably will freeze with moisture (we ride in snow)
Mine are a stainless cable that's PTFE lubed to stay smooth and repell water based moisture. My housing is compressionless and Kevlar braided. It has sealed ends to keep the moisture out. Then I went the 1 step further and put the rubber accordion boot over the exposted cable at the right side to keep all of the cable from being exposed to the elements.

Now for adjustability,
Theirs has the same barrel adjustment at the lever that I set up with through this season. Their adjustment is a bicycle brake adjustment as they have used Dia-Tech levers (just as I did) for years. Then they designed ther lever after that same bicycle lever, but with a modified mount.
I found that the weekness here is that with the cable secured into place, the adjustment didn't adjust much at all if any, so I'm setting this model up with an inline adjuster at the other end of the cable where it will work much better for this application.
Again, I've gotten away from the bicycle design and went to an actual motorsport design with the shape of lever that works for this application.

Our right side adapters are pretty similar. Mine is stainless as is theirs.
My right side is a little more compact and cleaner though.

My throttle is just a MUCH better unit, and it's billet.

Now lets look at the rest of the dual throttles out there.
My favorite of the competitors throttle kits is the Snobunje.
Theirs is also with a lever that they (Rick) designed specifically for it.
It's a longer lever and it modulates well. I think it would work better if it were shaped with a double bend style to make it harder to make the "oops, I thought it was the brake" mistake.

Their lock-out is a quick disconect at the right side and that works well.
Their right side moves with the thumb throttle back and forth on the cable though, where my right side adapter sits independantly of the right side until you use it. I think this difference will make the right side of my cable last quite a bit longer.
Again, I have the best cables that are sealed etc. No one else covers these details.
All in all, they have the throttle I'd buy if I weren't building mine. I think theirs is almost as good as mine, but again, I think mine is better.
Retail on theirs is $149.95
They are a good company and also friends of mine. We compete, but we don't bash each other. They are just good people.

Lefty Brand has theirs for $100 and it also works well.
Small thumb flipper on the left looks identical to the Powermadd Powder throttle and that looks really nice. Again though, it's a very small lever and I think I already covered my issues with that.

Their right side does move back and forth on the cable end when you use the stock right side throttle and I already covered my thoughts on that aspect.
Their cables are better than Gold Finger's, but not sealed up or as nice as mine.

Allen is also a very good guy and has a good company.
His throttle is reliable and safe, but I think mine is just better.

Powermadd stopped making theirs this year because on theirs you had to disconect the micro safety switches in your throttle block. Otherwise when the left side throttle was used, it opened up the carbs while the stock right side throttle stayed in the closed position. Then the safety switches would "think" the carbs are frozen open and shut the motor off. This made theirs my least favorite, even though it was probably the cleanest looking.
Retail on theirs was $159.99

Kinetic had a really nice unit for a good price, but they don't make them any more.
I heard that it was a 2 person partnership and one of them either died or got very sick and dropped out of the business, causing the other partner to lose interest and drop out too. I'm not 100% that this is what happened, but I think that was the story.
They were the first to use the Dia-Tech Gold Finger lever, but in red. They had a good product and all too.
Too bad they dropped out of the business, with competition, the consumer always wins as competition makes the MFG's actually compete by putting out better products etc.

That leaves SMW at $70.
I've only seen theirs once several years ago when I first started building mine. (I bought 1 of every model available at that time for comparrison reasons)
They have a right side adjuster and that is very functional and cool, but I REALLY hated their right side mount for the adjuster.
I'm not sure what their current model looks like or IF they've changed it at all, as I haven't done a comparrison with theirs lately.

So this leaves mine as the most expensive out there by $40 over the next most expensive.

Just like my extended cables though, they are also the most expensive way to go longer, but also the highest quality available today, and I sell a litteral ton of them and have requests for more models than what most could ever imagine.
You get what you pay for, and I'm paying out dearly to have the absolute best product available today in the dual throttle market.
It goes on a $10,000 plus machine and so it needs to be the best.

Very professional reply D.... For Gold Finger, I would have just said they SUCK... The throttles do look cool, but their Reps are a bunch of skirts...JMO, but from my experience, they have no class what so ever.

BTW - Look forward to your new throttle... i for one will be sportin one as soon as they are available.

:beer;:beer;:beer; Brother

Thanks Allen.
I've heard the garbage from there too.
That's OK though. We won't go to that level, no need to.

Anyway, I still have 3 of the proto's available and I happen to know that they work perfectly on your Polaris throttle block and with your bar set up.
Call me and I'll set you up.

I agree with mostly what you said about Goldfinger, I have one on my sled and use it infrequently.

It is hard to modulate the throttle, I can get a good above idle speed if I'm careful, but squeeze too hard and it wants to wack the throttle open.

but they do have the rubber accordian boot on the right side to keep gunk off the cable. I squirted some special chit on the cables so does that qualify for coated cables? lol

The cables are cheap bicycle cables that I had to snip to length, was unimpressed they shoulda had the teflon sleeve type.

don't know anything about the other brands, havn't bought them nor used them.
you kinda worried me about squeezing my grip heaters, didn't think of that when I installed it :(

all in all I don't use the damm thing enough to justify anything more than what I have, when I ride the safety pin is always in it so I never just "grab it"

I use of for windblown sidehills, creeping across scary areas and such like that.

"...... throttle kit that will probably put some of the competition out of the dual throttle business"

Pretty bold statement. Kind of like if the Giants predicted a Super Bowl win. Would make the Pats want to beat them even more.

Still lots of time until next season for other guys to work on their products so that it will compete with yours, which as you said "is just a MUCH better unit".

Good luck with it.

I've been looking at going lefty, any better info on pros/cons of going with a lefty?

Would like to get 2 myself and know a few guys that would be in for atleast another 2. Also, any pics or diagrams on how this thing will mount on the right? Would like something extremely clean for my mod.

Premium Features

Back