• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2022 Summit Sleds shipping with OLD (2017-2021) GAUGES???

You are not able to control the hand warmers and you are not able to see belt temp on the old gauge ?.
Not true on the belt temp... the one button gauge on my 2020.5 turbo had no issue displaying... it was just one click past engine temp.

Remember that next time you are at a restaurant and order a steak and when they bring you a hamburger patty with steak spice and charge you for the steak its not worth any drama just be happy you paid for a meal
No, that's like saying if you snow checked a snowmobile and got a snow blower!

I'm fine with the one button gauge on my boondocker although I hope they come through and replace the DESS post when they come in with the anti theft one. Right now anyone can hop on my sled and go.

I'm fine with the one button gauge on my boondocker although I hope they come through and replace the DESS post when they come in with the anti theft one. Right now anyone can hop on my sled and go.
What do you mean by this? Don't you have to get the key programmed to your sled? I got a spare key for mine.

What do you mean by this? Don't you have to get the key programmed to your sled? I got a spare key for mine.
The key is programmed but doesn't have the anti theft part of it. Me and 6 buddies that have new sleds don't have the anti theft part of it. We can interchange all of our tethers. (I think there missing the chip in it or something)

One button gauge displays belt overload and a belt temp warning. Where are people hearing that it doesn’t?
Adjusted my grip warmers no problem on my ‘22 Freeride turbo when riding yesterday.

You were able to set the percent heat on the old gauge?
was able to change the grip heat level with the designated lever just like on my '20 freeride. as far as i can tell, these are the same "old" gauges that have always had these features so why would they disable some? the bars show up on the left of the gauge as you're adjusting heat levels and then a couple of seconds after adjusting, it reverts back to showing the engine temp bars.
where are you hearing about the belt info not being able to be displayed?
pics are from the manual specific to the one button gauge which comes with the sled in addition to the normal owner's manual.

IMG-0123.jpg IMG-0124.jpg

Last edited:
The new gauge is supposed to be able to change your thumb heater at a setup differential percent. I don’t notice it working for crap on my finger throttle.

My grip heaters and thumb heaters have a mind of their own.. ( Old Gauge ). switch seems to adjust them both at the same time. Sometimes they work sometimes they seem to do nothing at all. ( To be fair my 2014 summit is the same )

Hopefully all the backorders finally get filled and the old gauges will fade into the background at last.

Premium Features

Back